Sunday 20 April 2008

A Child's Smile!

This will be a world-record-setting short (for me!!!) post today, as I don't actually have much to chat about today, but I really wanted to share a photo with you all!

You may remember a few posts back, I introduced you to one of my shabby chic bears called "Dee Dee". She was adopted in double-quick time by my mate, Miss Mary, from Fresh Hope Patterns as a birthday gift for her grand-daughter, Gracie. Well ... I caught up with Mary briefly today and she showed me some photos of Gracie with her new teddy friend. Apparently, she was VERY taken with Dee Dee the bear and the photos showed a giggling little girl enjoying her new playmate. Take a look ...


I don't think there's much else in the world that will cheer you up as quickly as a child's smile! I know that seeing the joy and mischievous fun on Gracie's face made me smile! I think sometimes in life, we're 'trained' to be 'serious' and 'grown up' so that we often miss the joy in the simple things - a pretty butterfly, a sweet-smelling flower, silly antics from our pets - or the innocent smile of a child!

Whatever you're doing today, I hope you take time to indulge in the joy there is to be found in life's simple things! Til next time, Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

3 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,
How right you are...sometimes life gets too busy, too serious and too fast.

If only we could stay as young as little Gracie so we could truly enjoy the simple pleasures life has to offer.

I think I might make that my new motto for my nightly treat of chocolate....just one of lifes simple pleasures....lol

Hugs,
Kerryanne

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Thanks for coming by to visit and commiserate with me! I guess no matter how wonderful your job is, there are always some parts of it that aren't as fun as others, huh?

cute little bears! This is a fun place to visit!

Carin said...

they look perfect together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...