Saturday 25 October 2008

Winners Are Grinners!!

And there will soon be two grinning winners, after the trusty "name out of a hat" method was employed to find who will receive the Stitchers Surprise Packs to help me celebrate 100 posts! Drum roll plese ..... the first winner is ...

STINA!!

YAY! Stina and I have been 'chatting' back and forth for a while now, dropping in on each other's blogs to catch up on our latest adventures - how cool is it to have friends on the other side of the world, whose sewing room you've seen even though you've not left the country!! Stina said she's not much for big parties, but loves to celebrate the little moments in life, like taking a friend out for coffee, or a celebration of a 'small' milestone, like celebrating seven years of home ownership! Congrats Stina!!

And the second name drawn out of the trusty hat is ...

CRAFTY DIANE!!

Congrats to you, too, Dianne! Diane said that special events in her family are usually celebrated with a quiet dinner at home with family and maybe a cake - YUMMO!

So if Stina and Diane would like to email me with their snail mail addresses, a Stitchers Surprise pack will soon be coming your way. I will take photos before they hit the mail, but will wait to share them until they arrive at their new homes! That way, they really will be a SURPRISE when they arrive!

So ... there you go! Thank you soooooo much to all 54 - yes I said 54! - people who left congratulatory comments - it was a wonderful encouragement to hear that so many of you who've not commented before enjoy reading my musings and adventures. I hope you'll all comment from time to time to let me know what you're up to and what you think of my ramblings! I've made so many wonderful friends in the 9 months that I've been blogging and I look forward to making even more and hopefully, meeting a few more in person in the future. Thank you all again for your fantastic support - even though I blog to amuse myself, it's lovely to hear back that you enjoy dropping by for a 'visit'.

And now, I'm off to watch a DVD with my beloved GB (who helpfully drew the names out of the hat - it was HIS hat after all!!) - we're watching the world snap freeze due to climate change in "The Day After Tomorrow". I quite like a good disaster movie! Hmmm ... that sounds a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but I'm sure you know what I mean!! Hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing and that you get to spend it in the way you all told me you like to - surrounded by family, friends, good food, and lots of fun - oh and perhaps some stitching to make it perfect!! Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

4 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

WOOOHHOOOOO!! :o)
I did!!! Happy happy dancing at my place ...did just come home after a a whole day of sewing..and open up my mail and what do I see... Stina you won!!! Oh my ...thanks for drawing me from the hat!! :o)

Scottish Nanna said...

Gongrats To the girls That won Happy sewing.
Hugs Mary.

Anonymous said...

Disaster movie?! Look no further than Seven Years In Tibet. Even with Brad Pitt in the lead role, it is a major waste of celluloid. What I call a real disaster movie!

Sigh...I didn't win! But I'm happy for those who did. Dance on, Stina!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Congratulations to the winners - I'm sure they will love their surprises in the post.

I love popping in to visit and your take on life is always amusing. Same warped sense of humour I suspect!! LOL
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...