Friday 1 July 2011

Sewing Room Retreat!!

Hmmm ... started to do this post yesterday arvo, but blogger was not playing nicely ... AGAIN! So, here it is ...


If you're looking for me in the next few days, I won't be in the kitchen ... I won't be in the lounge room ...I sure won't be in the laundry ... I'll be in my sewing room, where I've retreated to enjoy some yummy mail! :0)


I don't know about you, but I sometimes find myself just TOO tempted by internet shopping. When I really should be writing pattern instructions or answering emails, I find myself cruising the on-line shopping boutiques, not for clothes, but for books and fabric ... my two biggest weaknesses!!! :0) I do buy most of my fabric-y goodies from my Home-Away-From-Home, because I believe that if we don't support our local quilting shops, they won't be able to stay in business to provide us with lovely places to visit and shop, but every now and then, when I'm poking about on-line to see what's out there, I find myself clicking on the "Add To Shopping Cart" button ... because I have NO will-power! Tee! Hee! Hee! That happened a little while ago when I was dropping in to visit Sharon. I first 'met' Sharon when I was doing a bit of a link-hop through blogland and I landed on her Red Geranium Cottage blog. So ... of course!! ... when she started an on-line quilting store, I started to pop into it from time to time, too. I had been a very good girl and refrained from clicking THAT button ... until she offered a couple of books I had been eyeing off for some time on special, along with some great specials on charm squares. Oh dear! I succumbed! :0) You know how it is ... it was one of those days where you need a little bit of retail therapy to cheer you up a bit ... it worked! :0)


These are the two books that I have been drooling over.


The first is “The French Inspired Home” by Kaari Meng of French General. I fell in love with the French style through the “Rural Jardin” range of fabrics, followed by the “Pom Pom de Paris” range. This GORGEOUS book is chock full of inspirational photos as well as instructions on how to create some of the pretty French-style accessories to add a bit of French flair to your own abode.

 The second book is the latest offering from the clever-clogs Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched. I love the whimsical look of Anni’s designs and they are always so much fun to create. Of course ... I will have to finish making Anni’s “A Gardener’s Journal” before I let myself start of any of the projects in “Some Kind Of Wonderful”! :0) I love the quilt the book is open to in this pic ... “My Favourite Things” ... and I also love the “Daisy Quilt”. Oh dear! I’ll have to live to be 357 to get through my “To Do” list!! Tee! Hee! Hee! The other purchase was some charm squares ...


 The “Grace” charms were on a super end-of-stock clearance and Sharon popped in the “Countdown To Christmas” Charms for me to use as OPAM prizes ... Thanks Sharon!! What a sweetie! :0)


 And speaking of OPAM ... It’s the end of the month again, gals! I know ... how does it roll around so quickly ... but it does! Which means it’s time to make sure you’ve updated your finish list on your sidebar and email Peg or me the number of your finishes. You don’t have to send us photos ... but we do enjoy seeing what you’ve been creating! :0) Oh!! And one of our OPAM gals is a ‘star’ on Bronwyn Hayes’ blog at the moment. Jeanette has been featured in Bronwyn’s most recent “Sew & Tell” spot, so pop across and get to know one of your fellow OPAM’ers a little better! :0)


 Right now, though, I’m off to sip that cup of tea you see in the photo (have you posted pics of your teacups yet?? Let me know!!!) while I enjoy strolling through my lovely new books, so if you’re looking for me, I’ve retreated to the sewing room and barricaded myself in! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...


BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

9 comments:

Mistea said...

enjoy that sewing room - hope you have a serving window to receive refreshments.
Lovely books and pretty fabric - no further inspiration required.
Have a productive weekend.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post Kris and love your buys,have fun in your retreat and whip up a storm,lol.

Michelle said...

If I had a room like yours thats where you would find me too! The books look beautiful lot's of lovely inspiration for sure.
And yes I have posted one of my treasured teacups...

Chookyblue...... said...

oh have a fun time hiding in your sewing room...........maybe you'll be working on the Gardener's journal so you can start Some Kind of Wonderful......lol.........love the shopping.....
...OPAM - 2 quilts finished one which was started and finished in the one month how good is that......
.....ok hope you were sitting down to read that........

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I think we love books almost as much as we love fabric. Can we ever have too much!! lol

Hope you have a super fantastic creative weekend Kris.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi sweetie!

I'm like you Kris, love to support my local patchwork stores for the same reason - but now and then you can not leave the computer without getting acquainted with the shopping cart!!! LOVE your new purchases! I've been eyeing off "grace" for a while - beautiful range - and those books look gorgeous!

I took some photos of my teacups today so will be posting about them this weekend (all being well!)

Enjoy your 'me' time sweetie!
Hugs! Vikki xoxoxoxo :-)

Dawn said...

Oh you speak my language... I to try to support Local as much as possible..but can't resist a bargain...LOL.. Love Anni's new book...
Happy retreating
Hugs Dawn x x x

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Hope you can enjoy the whole weekend in your sewing room, Kris! Yummy books you've got there :o)
I hope to do enjoy some sewing time this weekend too, no sewing for tooo long!
Happy weekend,
Laila

Fiona said...

oooh. lovely purchases and I know you will have a wonderful time in your retreat!! Great shop link.... mmmmm such bargains...
Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...