Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Is Coming ... TOMORROW!!

EEK!! How did that happen?! I'm sure there should be a few more days in there somewhere! But the calendar tells me that tomorrow is "C-Day". Boy, this year has flown by so fast!

I have to say that Christmas in the Meares' Madhouse is pretty low-key this year ... which is just what the doctor ordered. :0) But there have been some Christmas preparations ... cooking done, gifts sent ... and gifts received ... including this sweet gift from the Fabulous Fiona when we caught up for a pre-Christmas cuppa last week ...

Don't you just love this embroidered tea-towel!!! It's way too sweet and pretty to actually wipe dishes with, I think ... I'll have to find somewhere to display it artfully so it can be admired instead. :0)

Such a cute and quirky reindeer galloping across the bottom ... and so neatly stitched! Thank you Fiona ... I love receiving handmade gifties ... it means someone thinks I'm special enough to spend time making something for! :0)

Now ... although Christmas Day will be spent with both lots of parents at another venue ... ei. a lovely, breezy, cool outdoor area where my folks are house-sitting!! ... I DID get into the Christmas spirit a little this year and decorated the dining room. We don't have much room in our cluttered-but-cosy cottage to decorate, so I designated the dining room as Christmas Central this year. :0) It's a bit tricky to take good photos, but I did snap a couple to give you an idea ...

My folk art Christmas decorations have been scattered and hung around the room (most made for me by a friend using some of Kerryanne's older patterns). Oh ... and before you tell me my countdown Santa is wrong ... I took these pics a few days ago ... it was probably still wrong cos my friend Lynda hasn't been by to change it for me (Tee! Hee! Hee!) but it would have been CLOSER to being right. :0) Do you like our fairy lights? They go all round the top of the room and will be staying all year round, as they give a lovely soft, ambient light to this room. I'm hoping to get GB's help to do the same in the lounge room, too. Being short and having 11 foot ceilings, I need some help for that kind of job. :0)

This candle is one of my fave Christmas decorations ... a gift from the lovely Kerryanne a few Christmases ago. Oh ... if you'd like a Christmas giggle, pop across to her blog today to see what she's been up to in her kitchen. :0)

And since Christmas is a time of counting your blessings, being thankful and spending time with your loved ones and those people who play an important part in your life, I thought I'd share a photo of my dancing buddies and me when we went out for our annual Christmas family dinner ... my Dad calls us the Triple Trouble Trio ... I can't think WHY he would come up with that! ;0)

Aren't we GORGEOUS!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And since this will be my last post for a few days over Christmas, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your lovely support, well-wishes and friendship throughout this year. As I count my Christmas blessings, I feel very privileged and humbled to have so many wonderful people in my life. As you spend time celebrating Christmas this year, I hope you all are able to spend some special time with loved ones, family and friends as we celebrate the greatest gift ever given to us, the Reason for the Season ... the Lord Jesus ... given on that very first Christmas. May you know His peace and love this Christmas season. Til next time ...

BIG SQUOOSHY CHRISTMASSY BEAR HUGS!!!

CHEERS!
KRIS





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry xmas to you and your family kris.xx

Christine M said...

You have a Merry Christmas too Kris.

Mistea said...

Love your simple decorations.
Merry Christmas to you. Enjoy your day with family.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Merry Christmas to my gorgeous girl I hope you and Scott had the best day....xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...