Tuesday 15 April 2014

Wouldn't It Rot Your Socks!!

Have you ever finished a stitchery project, decided it needed a press ... only to run into a ...

"Wouldn't It Rot Your Socks!!"

... moment? Sadly I've had it happen a few times ... including one of the projects I was working on over the weekend ... GRRRR!! I had finished the stitchery, gave it a press and ...

Do you see that 'ugly spot' on the left sock? My iron was obviously having a bad day and spat ... SIGH!!! I tried wiping it off with a damp face washer, tried some white vinegar on a cotton bud ... NOTHING! That 'ugly spot' wasn't budging. So it was back to the drawing board ... well ... the lightpad! :0) ... to re-do this stitchery. SIGH! Ah well ... it's a good thing I enjoy stitching, right ... but it sure was a pain in the butt that interrupted the flow of my productive weekend. (two finishes to share with you soon!)

And while I was doing a bit of that re-stitching this afternoon, I was enjoying ...

... some new flavoured tea! You just KNEW there was going to be a cup of tea mentioned here, right?! Tee! Hee! Hee! These flavoured teas are from Elmstock, a Western Australian tea producer and were a much-appreciated birthday gift last month from my Beloved Geek Boy's youngest brother ... thanks Benny! :0) He gave me a gift voucher to use on-line. There was a little hiccup with the website, but the people from Elmstock were very helpful and it wasn't long before it was all sorted and my delicious new teas were arriving on my doorstep. I treated myself to some "Cinnamon" and "Parisian Rose" flavoured black teas ... YUM!! I haven't tried the Parisian Rose yet, but the Cinnamon was this afternoon's drop and it was GORGEOUS! Nice black tea flavour with a bounce of fresh cinnamon. I can see this will quickly become a favourite. :0) If you like interesting teas and (for Aussie gals!) would like to support a local Aussie business, check out the Elmstock website ... let me know if you try other flavours, cos I'm always on the lookout for delicious, refreshing teas. :0)

And of course all this talk of tea is making me thirsty, so I'm off to play Polly and put the kettle on to try the Parisian Rose. Bet that doesn't surprise you! :0) Hope your week is toodling along nicely ... and that your socks are not being rotted!! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


7 comments:

Noela said...

Oh dear Kris, what a shame. I have had that happen too but luckily not too often. I now tend to use baking paper when I am ironing. Hugs.....

Elizabeth said...

Enough yo make you cry. Fortunately I have never had that happen as I only ever use a dry iron for patchwork/stitching.

Fiona said...

sorry about the stitchery... I just love that saying though "rot your socks".... is that a krisline?
Hugz

KERYN B said...

Kris it gives it character and looks like the socks my sons wears. Can't wait for the review.

Bev C said...

Hello Kris,

That is worse than having one odd sock! Could you have used some pencils to colour in the socks?
Enjoy your cuppa.

Happy days.
Bev.

Susan said...

Did you try washing the whole square?? A protective layer is good - as Noela says baking paper works well..its worse when you melt a pin onto your almost finished quilt top....
"You can learn something from every quilt you make!!!!"

Elizabeth said...

You could have tea dyed your stitchery for an aged look

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...