Sunday 7 February 2016

Cherries & Ric Rac!!

HELLOOOOOOO! How are you all out there in blogland this fine February evening? I hope this finds you all well and enjoying (or having enjoyed if you're in the same time zone as me!) a relaxing weekend. It's been a bit of an odd weekend here ... nothing really went to plan and we seemed to have people coming and going most of it, which meant I really didn't get to tackle most of the projects on my "LIST" for the weekend. SIGH! Never mind ... there'll be time another day and we definitely live by the mantra that people (especially family) come before chores/plans. So ...

Not much progress on any sewing projects as a result of said comings and goings, though, after a few messages back and forth to my blogging buddy and fellow designer Toni Alexander, some decisions were made about the direction to take on my current new quilt design ...

 ... My cherry quilt will be having some yummy jumbo ric rac added to it next time I get to work on it. I also did a bit of dinosaur sketching ... no sneaky peakies yet. :0)

Another job that I DID manage to complete was updating our list of participants for ...


If you take a peek at my sidebar, the list of clever clogs creators who are joining Sweet Peg and I this year in our challenge to ourselves to complete One Project A Month is now displayed. Do yourself a favour ... make a cuppa, grab a bikkie and take a bloghopping visit to these lovely ladies ... I guarantee you'll be inspired by all of the wonderful projects being worked on and completed. And while you're there, leave an encouraging comment ... we all like to be cheered on, don't we?! :0)

Now ... if you forgot all about OPAM, but have joined us in past years and really wanted to join again ... send me an email and I'll sneak you onto the list ... I did notice that a few of our blogging buddies who have been part of OPAM just about since the start haven't popped their name on the list ... maybe you were away from your computer during sign up, or life got a bit busy ... just email me to join us again. Also ... if you THOUGHT you had joined OPAM, but you don't find your name on my sidebar list, please email me with your details ... I had a few email hiccups during the sign up period, so your email may have disappeared into the ether and I'd hate for anyone to miss out on the fun. :0)

And just a reminder that Sweet Peg and I will do a double-whammy prize draw at the end of February for all finishes for January AND February, so if you haven't send your January finishes yet, just send them when you send your February finishes. And don't forget to pop them on your finishes list on your sidebar. :0)

The other tidbit I needed to share with you is pretty exciting for lovers of Tilda fabrics ... my Home-Away-From-Home, the Quilters Angel has just received the GORGEOUS new range from Tilda ... WOO! HOO!



Isn't it PRETTY!!! I must be a Gypsy fortune teller, cos I foresee some of these pretties coming to live at MY place very soon! Tee! Hee! Hee! And if you're within driving distance of Toowoomba you can clap your peepers on these pretties next weekend ... February 12, 13 and 14 when the Marvellous Marion and Stupendous Steph are at Craft Alive at the Toowoomba showgrounds. These pretty Tilda fabrics will be featured on their stand ... stand 15 ... just to help you along! :0) I'm hoping my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette can take time from her busy schedule to come for a play date to check it out with me. :0)

Well ... that's about it from me for now. Have a fantastic week and I wish you all some creative time to enjoy. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


2 comments:

Fiona said...

Im loving the look of your cherrries quilt

Hugz

Juliann in WA said...

Thanks for adding me to the OPAM group. I finished my Febrauary project today! Great motivation. I really appreciate the work you and Peg are doing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...