Wednesday 27 April 2016

Weekend Away!

Hello there all my bloggy buddies and Happy Hump Day to you! ;0) This week seems to be flying past at the speed of sound ... I guess that's what happens when you sneak one of the week days onto the end of the weekend ... not that I'm complaining, you understand! :0)

My Beloved Geek Boy and I decided to take advantage of two things this past weekend ...

1) Extra day in the long weekend, so a chance to do something special
2) Mum and Dad were house-sitting in the Glasshouse Mountains

So, it was bag-packing time and we headed off on a short road trip. Saturday was travel day and the arvo was spent with all four of us sprawled around the lounge room reading books/iPads and chatting, but Sunday dawned warm and sunny, so was the perfect day for a bit of exploration.

On a previous visit to the area, we'd tried to visit a privately created botanic garden, but rain had prevented us from really enjoying much of  a look around, so we headed off for a repeat visit. Boy! Had these gardeners been BUSY!!! The site had more than doubled in area, as well as adding a petting zoo and large walk-through aviary ... well worth a visit.

So off we headed to admire the gardens. The gardens are on quite a steep slope, but have been gently terraced to create many lovely garden 'rooms' which are all linked with a variety of water features ... ponds, big splashy waterfalls, trickling streams, small tinkly waterfalls ... water was the link, along with the various stepping stones and bridges that enabled us to progress ...

Here's Dad, Mum and GB all looking very impressed that I wanted a photo of them! Tee! Hee! Hee! Being on such a sloping piece of land, the views all the way through the gardens were truly spectacular, with the iconic Glasshouse Mountain peaks front and centre ...

If I had a view like this out my back window I'd never get ANYTHING done - I'd be too busy gazing out the window! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Now, after a couple of hours of wandering up and down this VERY steep garden (it was more noticeable on the way back UP ... funnily enough!!) we were all starting to get a wee bit peckish, so we took ourselves off to find a nice cafe/coffee shop. Being a long weekend, most food places we passed were chock-a-block and overflowing, so we headed to a nice little garden coffee/gift shop GB and I had discovered at Maleny on a previous visit. It was pretty busy too, but we found a nice table in the garden and were lucky enough to be entertained while we waited ...

We were serenaded by the music of harps, mandolin and guitar ... BEAUTIFUL!! The harps had such a magical tone to them ... I quite expected faeries to start dancing around the garden ... instead we just had Dad singing along to a few Irish folk tunes he recognised! Not quite as ethereal! Tee! Hee! Hee!

It was a lovely quick break away before heading home for GB to start his new job this week ... and today I was off to the dentist AGAIN to progress my root canal - BLECH!! Hope you had something more fun than a dental visit on your agenda. Oh ... OPAMers ... end of month is sneaking up, so don't forget to update your sidebar list of finishes and email me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg. Right ... off to carefully sip on a cup of chicken noodle soup while I wait for my poor numb face to have feelin returned ... trying hard not to dribble everywhere! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



5 comments:

Fiona said...

lovely weekend - I must remember that garden...
Hugz

Jo said...

What beautiful photos. Just love the area... Enjoy

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a gorgeous place! Lovely coffee and music experience too. Thinking of you in the dentist chair again. Hope it's not too ouchy! Hugs xx

Narelle said...

Looks like a beautiful weekend away, gorgeous gardens and lovely entertainment. 😊
Shame about a dental visit (shivering)

Sharm said...

Love the view! Maleny is a lovely little spot - I have a full set of old fashioned tin canisters from there when hubbie & I were visiting one year for an anniversary!
I hate the dentist too ..... I feel your pain!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...