Monday 22 August 2016

Holiday Girly Day!

A big "G'day!" to everyone in blogland this fine Monday morning. I can be cheerful on a Monday this week cos I'm still on holiday! :0) Mind you ... the time is going so quickly that I just know I'm going to run out of holiday before I do everything I'd been planning. SIGH! Isn't that always the way?!

Although last week seemed to disappear rather quickly, I DID manage to finish two and a half of the three projects that will be included in my new pattern release. It's all still Secret Squirrel at the moment, but I promise to share soon. I'm also about half way through my FAVOURITE (NOT!!) part of the designing process, the writing of instructions. For some reason, if people buy a pattern they don't appreciate just being told to "Fudge It Til It Fits!" Tee! Hee! Hee! More work on that this afternoon ... this morning was for sleeping in, reading a little and a blog catch up. :0)

One of the other things I've managed to do during my holiday was to enjoy a girly road trip with my Mum and her Partner-In-Mischief Marg. I've told you before that Mum coordinates packing Christmas shoe boxes as part of the Samaritans Purse Operation Christmas Child ... well, when I passed through Laidley a couple of months ago, I spotted a cheap shop that would be a great source of items for the boxes and promised Mum I'd take her for a drive. (Most cheap shops have closed in Toowoomba.)

So last Friday, I gathered up Mum and Marg and off we went. It was a bit of a mini-tour through the Lockyer Valley. :0) We stopped off for morning tea at Cafe Sorella in Forest Hill. After a browse through their lovely and unusual range of giftwares (a pretty scarf came home with me!) we enjoyed a coffee and some delicious cheesecake for me and pecan pie for Mum and Marg. YUMMO! Thus fortified, we hit the road again for Laidley.

My pretty new scarf. It made me think of Monet's gorgeous, dreamy paintings of his garden and water lilies. :0)

Once in Laidley, we visited the cheap shop, a couple of op-shops (second hand shops) and a couple of craft co-operatives. At which point, we decided we were a bit peckish and lunch was in order. I have to say, visitors to Laidley are rather spoilt for choice when it comes to places to eat ... several lovely cafes, as well as a couple of bakeries offered yummy food. Since we were only looking for something light, we chose the pretty "Rustique Rose" tea rooms and florist. OH! It was so PRETTY!!

This is what you see as you walk in the door.

More of the florist side of the shop ... I loved that window frame display cabinet.

And here are my charming road trip companions ... Mum and Marg. You can tell just by looking at them that they get into all sorts of mischief together, can't you?! :0) And people wonder why I end up in mischief!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

After a lovely day out, finding some treasures, stocking up bits for the shoe boxes and enjoying our spinach and fetta scrolls for lunch, we were ready to head home ... but Mum spotted a shoe shop! So of course we HAD to visit it. :0) It was well worth it! Can I tell you, Laidley Shoez had a wonderful range of good quality shoes at great prices ... and they were DIFFERENT to other stores. I get so frustrated that, even shopping in a city as big as Toowoomba, there is little variety to be found in so many things ... all the stores seem to have the same-ol-same-ol choices. So ... after searching all winter for a new pair or red shoes ... a lovely, comfy pair came home from Laidley with me! :0)

And then we really were all shopped out and ready to head home, which we did ... stopping along the way at a fruit barn to stock up on fresh fruit and veg - YUMMO! :0)

So you can see that even though I haven't GONE on holiday, I'm managing to squeeze in some fun stuff during my break. :0) But right now, I think it's time to make myself a cuppa and get back to my pattern instruction writing ... GROAN!! I hope you all had a lovey weekend and that your week is off to a wonderful start ... and may it continue to be wonderful! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS




1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

what a great day...........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...