Friday 2 December 2016

SSCS, Birthday & OPAM!!

SHEESH! It's been a busy ol' week this week. And for the first time in a couple of months, my sewing mojo showed up and coincided with some time at home - YAY! So I've been spending some quality time with my trusy Husky. :0)

First cab/s off the sewing rank were my SSCS gifties ... because ... AS USUAL!!! ... I was running late! What with the Garden Party preparations and a few hiccups in 'real life', November somehow got away from me. I have a theory about that ... my theory is:

From the time January clicks over on the calendar, 

* Someone steals an hour or so out of each of my days; 

* By the end of each week, I'm missing at least a day;

* By the end of each month, I've lost almost a week ... so ...

* By the end of the year, I've lost a MONTH! :0) 

I blame Dr Who and his wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff! Tee! Hee! Hee! I really think I should get that month back ... stick it between November and December and I might just be ready for Christmas ... then again ... as my blogging buddy Kerryanne knows ... I am NOT very good at forward planning and tend to be a last-minute-deadline kind of gal! :0) So an extra month probably wouldn't help me! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Which reminds me ... if you'd LIKE to be an organised Christmas kind of gal ... make sure you pop over to Kerryanne's blog to join in her FANTASTIC ...


But I digress ... !! :0) Back to SSCS ... I my stalked my partner, searched my stash and stitched and sewed like a mad woman last weekend to get the main gift and orni ready to pop in the mail. (I had actually done the hand stitching part of my gifties previously, just hadn't got to make them up!) Wanna see??


Oh! Would you look at that! They're already wrapped! Tee! Hee! Hee! You'll see that I've added clear messages about what can and can't be opened before Christmas! :0) Huge thanks again to Chookyblue for hosting SSCS ... it's the only swap I join in these days because Chooky does an AWESOME job of hosting. :0)

Next sewing project was a special something for lovely Mum for her birthday this week ...

This photo is a couple of years old, but neither of us have changed much and it's one of my faves ... we were laughing at something silly Dad or my Beloved Geek Boy had said. Mum turned 70 on Wednesday ... she sure doesn't look it!! Not only is she the most AWESOME Mum in the universe, she's also my adviser (though I maybe don't take her advice as often as I should!) and my friend. She is an incredibly generous, thoughtful and caring person who often puts other people's needs ahead of her own. I reckon that if I turn out to be HALF the woman my Mum is, I'll be pretty chuffed! :0) So, for my FABULOUS Ma, I made ...

... A little handbag. She has been saying for a while that she wants a pretty, smaller bag to take with her when she goes out but doesn't want to take her day-to-day handbag. This little cutie is about 8"x10" so big enough to fit a water bottle, keys purse and phone and I made the strap a little longer so she can loop it over her head and shoulder to be hands-free. She LOVED it! :0) Always so lovely to hear that the time, thought and effort you've put into a handmade giftie is appreciated. :0)

I also hit the sewing machine to make a Secret Santa giftie for our Friday Nighters' Christmas party tonight ... but I forgot to take a photo ... OOPS! :0) I'll get one tonight of the person who receives it ... PROMISE! :0)

And that means that I have a record (for me!) number of FIVE finishes for November to pop onto my OPAM sidebar list - YAY! OPAMers ... have you updated your sidebar lists and emailed me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg?? Well ... get hopping! Because Sweet Peg and I will be doing OUR hopping in the next few days around the blogs.

Right ... I'd better shake my tail feathers and get something wrapped and something cooked for tonight's sewing party ... hmmm ... I suppose I should also trace something so I've got something to STITCH at our stitching night! :0) I hope you've all had a fantastic week and that your weekend is relaxing ... summer has arrived with a vengeance here and our temps will be in the mid to high 30's ... pretty hot for our area on top of the 'hill' ... but the summer people in THIS household are saying "YAY!" Call us crazy, but we wait all year for our summer heat so we can come out of hibernation. :0) I think some more sewing might just be on my agenda to celebrate. Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

SUMMERY BEAR HUGS!


CHEERS!
KRIS





3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

glad to hear the SSCS is on the sleigh...........I'm with you this year has flown..........

Sharm said...

What a great post with some nicely wrapped finishes lol! It is so nice to get back from moving dad back to Qld, and get into the blogs to see what I've been missing these past few months!

Anonymous said...

I blame Dr Who too! Happy Birthday to Mum! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...