Sunday 23 July 2017

FINALLY! Some Sewing!!

Hello to all of you lovelies out there in blogland! I hope you're all toodling alone nicely. :0) Life here at the Meares' Madhouse has been scuttling along at its usual breakneck speed ... Where do the days go?!

I've got a few things ready to share, but need some pics to show you, so will get on that this week. In the meantime, my sewing mojo that was missing over the last month or so finally showed up on Friday ... It helped that I actually got to spend the day at home. :0)

When I head off for the day, I always take a water bottle with me ... Love our rainwater. :0)


It's a really good size, it hold a litre of water, fits in the door holder in my car, but it does occasionally leak a little when tipped over & I end up with damp patches in my handbag. Also, during summer I fill it with cold water, so condensation leaves more of those damp patches. My way of combating this has been to wrap it in a hand towel held on with a rubber band ... Not very attractive, but it worked. :0) But ... I thought I could probably come up with something a bit more attractive ...


Ta da! I made it in a quilt-as-you-go style using towelling as my base. Pretty on the outside, absorbent on the inside. Hopefully this means no more damp patches in the handbag ... Which it matches ...


So ... Coordinating & dry ... All good! :0)

I did finish another project, but it's one of the pics I haven't taken yet. I'd intended to do it this weekend, but we had lovely sunny, warm (for winter) days this weekend, so my Beloved Geek Boy & I spent it in the garden ... More of those pics I need to take. :0) Stay tuned!

Whatever you've been up to this week/weekend I hope you've enjoyed some time doing what makes you smile. I promise to be back soon with those pics. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS! 
KRIS


 


 


 

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's a great idea - darn water bottles do make damp spots when you put icy water in them - and I can't drink it any other way...

Chookyblue...... said...

nice cover........I have a facewasher bag.......it works......not as fancy as your new bag..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...