Sunday 13 August 2017

Lazy Sunday & OPAM Winner!

Hello to you all! Have you had a restful weekend? After our road trip yesterday, we had good intentions of being very productive around the house today.  Yeah ... that didn't really happen! :0) We had a lovely sleep in, then a leisurely brunch on the side verandah in the sun ... mashed avo and fetta on olive sour dough toast and freshly brewed coffee whilst enjoying our unseasonably warm August weather. AAAAAHHH!!  BLISS!! We wondered what the peasants were doing! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Then there was some garden watering for GB and thorough kitchen cleaning for me (hmm ... would have preferred they got swapped!!) The plans were then to head out into the garden ... but our across-the-road neighbour decided to burn off some felled trees/branches ... AGAIN!!! GRRRR! ... and the smoke in the front yard was too nasty to venture out in ... so it was indoor time. A spot of reading for me (thank you Nora Roberts for the MANY hours of entertainment your books give me! :0) ) and some family tree research for GB ... who is coming to the conclusion that perhaps his great-grandmother was a little free in her definition of marriage and that our surname should probably be her maiden name of O'Reilly! Tee! Hee! Hee!

All in all ... it wasn't a bad way to wind down and recharge the batteries to help us get ready to face the new working week ... SIGH!!!

However, before we get tossed kicking and screaming back into the working week, I need to catch up with the OPAM draw for July. Thank you to everyone who emailed their finish tally through to me and my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg and a big thank you to Sweet Peg who did most of this month's blog hopping when I got caught up in life's craziness. There were 196 finishes for July - WOWSERS!! That's our second biggest total for the year so far! There must have been a LOT of  flying needles of one sort or another around the world. :0) And the winner of the random draw is ...


Congrats, Dory! Email me with your snail mail address and I'll pop a little something in the mail for you ... along with the last two winners of the draws I've been responsible for  - OOPS!! Sorry girls! During the craziness of the last few months, I DID manage to wrap the prizes all ready to post ... and then put them in a VERY safe place. So safe, in fact, that I only re-discovered them this week ... SHEEPISH GRIN!!! :0)  What a slacko host I've been this year ... thank you all for being patient with me.

And in amidst the comings, goings, busy-ness and craziness, I HAVE managed a little bit of sewing. I can't unveil the finishes yet, but I CAN give you a bit of a sneaky peeky ...

... some patchwork from pretty fabrics ...

... and some stitching in a pretty Cottage Garden thread. I'm loving how these projects are coming together and can't wait to show them to you .. just as soon as I finalise the last project.

Well, that's it from me for now. I hope the weekend has given you time to recharge your batteries and that you have a fantastic week. I'm just hoping that a scratchy throat doesn't mark the start of a cold for me ... I'm heading for the olive leaf, lemon and honey drink and putting myself to bed. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


2 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like a lovely relaxing Sunday..
Grrr !! I know what you mean about neighbours who like to light fires 🔥...
How nice to see Dory win this month's OPAM prize...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Woo hoo to Dory.... gorgeous stitching ❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...