Sunday 3 September 2017

Thankful For My Dad!

It's Fathers' Day here in Australia & although I am fortunate enough to see my Dad (& Mum!) at least a few times most weeks, it's a reminder that I am very thankful for my Dad. He's got a warped sense of humour, is incredibly politically-incorrect, is likely to start singing some random song based on something you say, is an expert at pressing all the wrong buttons on computers & remote controls (& sometimes his offspring!) & moves at the combined speed of ten turtles unless he feels like moving faster ... I'm sure his motto in life is, "Don't rush me, don't rush me!" :0)



But he's also been the quiet rock our family is built on. He drove my brother & I miles during our growing up years to attend youth camps & sporting carnivals, he taught us not to backchat Mum (his leather thong around our butts reinforced that!), he showed great patience in teaching us to drive, he helped us move house more times than I can remember & even though he has never been one for emotional speeches, we've never doubted that he loves us.


As you can see from these two photos we look nothing alike & I was clearly left on their doorstep by faeries! :0P

Dad gives great bear hugs, happily adopts my friends & I just love him to bits! Happy Fathers' Day, William Ronald! :0)

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 

4 comments:

KimM said...

What a lovely post. Cherish every minute with your dad. I miss mine horribly. They are truly irreplaceable.
hugs
xox

sunny said...

So nice that you still have your dad. A very nice tribute to him! I can see a vague resemblance. LOL!

Chookyblue...... said...

So if we meet we would probably get on fine......

Maria said...

Love both photos of Dad and you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...