Saturday 21 October 2017

FINALLY! A Sunny Day!!

Yes, it's true ... After six & a half days here at the beach, Friday FINALLY delivered a sunny day ... YAHOOOOOO! 



 

So we decided to pack in a few outdoor activities to take advantage of the dry day.

First on the list was a little drive back into the hills near Malaney to visit Mary Cairncross Park, which had been recommended to us. There is a lovely new visitor centre with interactive displays for the kids (big kids had fun too!) as well as a great lookout platform to view the spectacular Glasshouse Mountains.


And a comfortable walking track through a pocket of rainforest. It took just over an hour & I managed to easily walk it in my not-my-walking shoes ... The only problem I bumped into was a leech who thought I'd be a tasty snack ... EEEEUUUWWW!! We also spotted some much nicer local critters ...


A mumma wallaby ...


And her cute bubba wallaby. We also enjoyed spotting & listening to quite a number of birds, including my favourite th whipbird. So having had enough exercise for a bit (& wanting to give my leech-abused toe time to recover!) we headed back to the beach for some lunch ...


This was our lunch view ...tough to take, hey?! :0) And then having full tummies, we decided another walk was in order ...


... Along the beach for the first time without being rained upon. It was still too cool for us froggies to be tempted to swim but we enjoyed getting our toesies sandy. Did I mention we walked a LOT on Friday?! My handy step counter on my phone told me I did 17,180 steps! YIKES! No wonder my feet were killing me & I conked out much earlier than usual! :0)

Then we woke up this morning to ... More rain! SIGH! Ah well ... We still managed to have a nice day. We met up with my buddy Lynda (my usual Tuesday lunch buddy who was passing through. Forgot to take a pic.) then decided to treat ourselves to one last special lunch ...


Sandcrab lasagna for GB & lamb, fetta, olive & mushroom calzone for me ... YUMMO! And our lunch time view ...


... Wet & grey, but still pretty spekky. :0

So tomorrow we have to head home & go back to pretending to be grown ups ... SIGH! Not at all ready for that but we have to pay for the holiday somehow. :0) I think we'll be coming back here when we can ... Who knows, the Sunshine Coast might even live up to its name next time. :0)

I hope you've enjoyed the snippets from our beach break ... Next post will be back at Edward House ... Since we didn't win lotto tonight! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS,
KRIS


 


 




 


 


 


 


 


 

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

glad you finally have some good weather....enjoy xxx

Maria said...

Pleased you had at least one sunny day to go sight seeing and go for walks..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...