Wednesday 16 May 2018

Wait! What Day Is It?!

Well ... DAGNABBIT! Someone has been stealing my days again! I'm not at all sure how it came to be Wednesday evening already! Next thing you know, someone will be helpfully telling me how many weeks/days until Christmas ... In fact ... My own beloved Mother did that to me today! EEK! It's just as well I love her so much or I'd have had to gag her with tinsel! :0)

With my week doing its disappearing trick (David Copperfield eat your heart out!) I haven't managed to do much sewing, but I DID find time to catch up with Mum on Sunday for Mothers' Day. 


There was a gale force wind blowing so we both look a wee bit ruffled, but I like this photo. And as per Mum's request, her Mother's Day giftie was ...


... A dwarf lemon tree in a cool replica wine barrel pot. We gave GB's Mum a passion fruit vine in the same type of pot. Both Mum's loved them ... So I think we're back in the will this week! Tee! Hee! Hee! Family joke. :0P To go along with the lemon tree, I baked an afternoon tea treat ...


... White chocolate & raspberry cake with raspberry sauce. If I do say so myself, it was pretty darn YUMMY!! :0) It's usually Mum who takes the time to make people feel special & loved, with a home cooked meal delivered on a birthday or when someone is unwell, with a card or a bunch of flowers to mark a special day ... So it was nice to give her the treat this time. If I turn out to be half the woman my gorgeous Mum is, I reckon I'll be doing pretty well. Love ya heaps, Ma! 

Right ... That's it from me for now. I hope you're all having a great week so far ... The weekend is in sight ... I might actually catch up a bit! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 






3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Omg I sure don't have enough hrs in the day either ....... Blink and a week is gone.... Or maybe that was a month........ Cuppa Friday? Only just sure I'm heading out.......

Maria said...

I know the weeks just keep disappearing........
Lovely photo of Mum and you . Great gifts you bought both Mum's and the cake looks yummy. 😋

Raewyn said...

Fabulous Kris.. I love that photo of you and your mum ♥ Delicious sounding baking....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...