Monday 13 August 2018

Monday Blues!

Hello to everyone out there in blogland! I've got the Monday blues today ... I've been ambushed by the third head cold this winter & I'm over feeling yucky! SIGH! It's only a cold, but it's getting me down. Everything is stuffed up, I'm wheezing & coughing, but the junk I can feel on my chest isn't budging, my ribs hurt from coughing & I've got a stinker of a headache. All of which means I'll survive, but I'm just feeling miserable. The headache means I can't even stitch. SIGH!

So to stop myself from wallowing I thought I'd share a couple of photos from our weekend away. It was This cutie's birthday on Saturday ...

And we celebrated with a weekend away, renting a townhouse from friends at Sandstone Point with this view ...

The water was Pumicestone Passage & that's the bridge from the mainland over to Bribie Island. There was a shopping play date with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette on Friday, a bit of fun driving Saturday morning, massages Saturday afternoon (not quite as relaxing as hoped since I had a bit of a panic attack when I lay face down & felt like I couldn't breathe with both sinuses & chest clogged up with cold. Very patient massage therapist found a way around it, though.) and Saturday night was time for a special dinner date ...

... With two very special friends & their hubbies. The gorgeous Kerryanne & lovely Lilly Linda were my first two Bloggy buddies ... In fact, it was Kerryanne who encouraged me to start a blog to promote my Tag Along Teddies designs. Linda was the second blog I started following & I visited the shop she was running at the time & became friends. After lots of three way chats, we all met in person about six years ago for a weekend at Mt Tambourine and although we had a blast & said we'd do it again, three busy schedules hadn't allowed it until this weekend. So much fun to catch up & chat in real life ... Even if I was starting to feel pretty crumby thanks to my head cold. And since it was my Beloved Geek Boy's birthday, there had to be candles ...

Thank you for a fun catch up Kerryanne & Linda ... We'll have to do it again sometime ... When I'm feeling a lot better.

Then it was home to our freezing 'hill' & I decided to take myself out of the mix today to try to kill this cold. Can't say I'm feeling much better, but maybe a nap or two will help. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend & that you're feeling better about Monday than I am. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS,
KRIS








4 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry to read you are unwell again. Rest up and get better....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Bugger...Take care ❤️

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh no, sorry you are feeling so horrid. What an awful way to end your weekend!! I too loved our catch-up and of course the time never seems long enough when old friends get together - lol.
Hope you are feeling much better in a day or so xxx

Judy S. said...

Hope you are all better by now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...