Friday 9 November 2018

Back To Reality & OPAM Winners!

Hello all you lovely creatures out there in blogland! I hope you're having a fantastic week. It was back to reality for my Beloved Geek Boy & I this week after our extremely enjoyable three week road trip. Did you enjoy traveling with us via the blog? I hope so. :0) 

As is the way after holidays, I have started the unpacking process ... Which is never as much fun as packing. And as I went through bags & boxes, I popped our accumulated treasures from our travels on the dining table & thought you might like a peek ...


OOPS! It looks like we collected a few bottles of adult beverages! Tee! Hee! Hee! Wine, liqueurs, port, mead & gin ... I don't think we will need to buy drinks for a while. :0) But there were other things, too. Leather belts, a new Acubra for GB whose old one looked like it had been stampeded by a herd of buffaloes! :0P Matted prints from our two favourite gallery stop-offs, my lovely large recycled timber cheese board (to the right, blending in with the table a bit), silver & opal jewellery, a pottery zebra from Monarto Zoo, some yummy products from Maggie Beer's farm shop, along with the big hessian shopping bag. Lovely keepsakes to remind us of our adventures.

And with all of our adventuring, it was just as well that I had a finish before we left ...


... A stacked coin table runner. This was a giftie for my Aunt to thank her for having us take up residence in her spare room for a week & she loved it. This was made entirely from my stash & since it didn't 'cost' me anything, I decided to get it professionally quilted by the very talented Quilting Fairy, the Fabulous Fiona ...

Can you see her fantastic feathers on the sashing? I love Fiona's feather quilting! And a sort of abstract flower design on the coloured blocks. Thanks for squeezing my project into your busy schedule Miss Fiona  :0)

So that was my October OPAM tally ... Good thing a few other OPAMers had been stitching more! The tally for October was ...

116 Finishes

YAY! Well done everyone! And the draw winners are ...




Congrats ladies! Drop me an email & I'll send you a PDF of the stitchery outline to play with.

And that's me for now. I'm hoping to do some sewing over the weekend ... In between the washing & cleaning that we need to do to catch up after our holiday. SIGH! I hope you all have some fun stuff scheduled, too. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS




4 comments:

Janice said...

The table runner was a lovely gift for your aunt. That is quite a haul of souvenirs. There are some lovely mementos ther3 to remind you of your trip. Is that a pretty pink bowl I spy as well?

Sharm said...

A nice collection and a wonderful holiday trip! I'm afraid I still need to get some finishes - still working on several projects!

Maria said...

Great collection of goodies from your travels...
A lovely table runner for your Aunt quilted beautifully by the Fabulous Fiona.

Congratulations to both OPAM winners......

Susan said...

You had such a fun time away - I enjoyed reading about it!!!
well done on the finish - great quilting by the magic lady!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...