Sunday 26 May 2019

FINALLY! Some Sewing!

Hello all you lovely Bloggy buddies! I hope you've had a fantastic week. Yet again, my week seemed to disappear in a puff of smoke ... BUT!! ... This week I actually have evidence to show I've been sewing! YAY! :0) Remember last time I popped in I shared a little teaser sneaky-peeky ...


Well ... I can now show you the finished project ...


Ta! Da! A new version of my "French Shopping Spree" bag pattern. The original looked like ...


... This. It's fun to see how projects can look quite different when made up in different fabrics. The new version will soon be available as a kit from The Quilters Angel  It's a simple, quick, fun project & the bag is a great size to hold all the necessities for a day out shopping with your gal-pals. :0)

The other sewing I've managed to squeeze in is for a special gift that will be needed later in the year ...


An oceanic stacked coin quilt top ... All finished & ready to go off to my Quilting Fairy, the Fabulous Fiona  These fabrics are some of the 'leftovers' from one of my patchwork skirts I made a couple of years ago & I just love them! They remind me of the many colours & moods of the ocean & look so fresh framed in white. It makes me want to sit on the beach watching the waves roll in, whilst nibbling gelato. :0)

I'm also plugging along with my new design-in-progress as my hand stitching project. I'm really happy with how it's coming together, but it will have to stay a Secret Squirrel project for a bit longer. At least this month ... For the first time this year! ... I can add a finish to my sidebar list for OPAM ... YAY! :0) And speaking of OPAM ... The end of the month is creeping closer again, so don't forget to update your tally on your sidebar list & email me your finishes for May.

But right now, I think it's time for a cup of tea before I tackle a few more chores ... SIGH! This grown up gig just won't quit. :0P Have a fabulous week! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS




2 comments:

Maria said...

Nice to have been able to sit and have some sewing time.. The bag does look different than your first one but both are lovely.
The coin quilt top is gorgeous , Fiona will be a great job of the quilting ... Maybe waves 🌊.
The end of the month is approaching very fast and there is a project I'd love to finish...

Karen's Korner said...

Ooh la la......very Parisian. Love your chosen fabrics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...