Friday 20 December 2019

It's Beginning To Taste Like Christmas!

Hello all! I hope you're well & haven't been buried in the Christmas Crazies as we count down to the fat man in the red suit's visit. 😜 I was starting to think I had been, but managed to claw my way out from under the tinsel avalanche & am currently enjoying my first day of two weeks of freedom! YAY! 😁 

It's been another topsy-turvy year of changes with my grown up job, which has sucked my creative energy down the plug hole this last couple of months, but for the next two weeks I'm planning on playing with pencil & design notebook, fabric & thread ... & as little else as possible since I have a couple of deadlines looming early in 2020! EEP! 😳😜

Now most years, in the lead up to Christmas I spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen making Christmas treats. This year, with one thing & 10 others! 😜 ... I was way behind on that. So I picked one of the simplest of our Christmasy faves to make to encourage our Christmas cheer ... Sugar coated peanuts! YUMMO! πŸ˜‹ 


Add a jug of iced tea & it's beginning to taste a lot like Christmas. 😜 I love iced tea but don't like how sweet most of the commercial brands are & although I often comment that I should experiment with my own brews ... I never quite get there. So today I thought I'd brew up some Cranberry & Blood Orange from Tambourine Tea. I'm liking it better iced than hot! 😝 It's quite fruity & refreshing ... & washes the yummy nuts down nicely. πŸ˜‰ 

Do you see the woven fan in the background? It belonged to my gorgeous Grandma & came to live with me when we lost her a few years ago. Both sets of my grandparents lived in Mackay in North Queensland & I have childhood memories of my Grandma & my Nan both fluttering these sorts of fans on hot & humid summer days, before air conditioning was ever heard of. I quite like the swoosh of a hand held fan ... I think it's the back & forth rhythm ... It's almost hypnotic & encourages you to slow down & go with the laid back flow of summer when it's too steamy & hot to be rushing around. Or maybe that's just me feeling holiday-lazy! 😜 Do you have favourite memories & treats that go along with Christmas? I'd love to hear them. 😁

Whatever you're doing in the countdown to Christmas Day, I hope you remember that it's more important to spend time with loved ones & the special people in your life than it is to spend time fussing to get things 'just right'. We sometimes miss the treasure of spending time with the special people in our lives, don't we? Right now, though, I think it's time for another glass of iced tea to be sipped under the ceiling fan ... Almost as relaxing as the swoosh of the woven fan, but the ceiling fan does all the work for you! πŸ˜‚ Til next time ...

HOLIDAY BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


2 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Iced tea and a fan sounds heavenly. I am doing the headless chicken routine muffled up in hat, scarf and mittens πŸ˜† I have finished the handmade presents - and forgot to take photos of half of them, of course. The dog seems to think I am her personal heating cushion, so for the moment I am enjoying unwinding with a cup of coffee.
Christmas will be spent with family, friends, and dogs - the more the crazier. And how I remember it from childhood. And my all time favourites are mince pies and Christmas pudding. Not easy to get where I live, so this year we have made mincemeat and our own pudding. Had the right smell, so hope the taste is just as good. Merry Christmas to you, Kris and your family. Enjoy your holiday!
Hugs.

Janice said...

Do enjoy your couple of weeks off. It will be nice for you to recharge the batteries. Those peanuts look rather moreish and festive in their green glass. Funnily enough, I have those two dishes too, but not the jug and glass. Stay cool and have a very Merry Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...