Saturday 30 May 2020

Winter Is Coming!!

Actually ... Winter well & truly arrived last weekend. The temperatures stayed in single digits & the "feels like" temps would have made a penguin feel at home! BRRRRRR! I didn't poke my nose outside all weekend & the fire was kept tended so we didn't turn into human Popsicles. Yes ... GB & I are spooky-la-las when it comes to cold weather! 😜 And that was still technically Autumn! 😱 Thankfully, by Tuesday it had warmed up a bit & we've thawed out ... Though with the calendar ticking over to the first month of winter next week, I suspect our reprieve will be short lived ... SIGH!

I DID manage to squeak in a play date with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette before the weather reached Antarctic levels. I drove down the 'hill' & we decided to have an outdoor outing. Lynette had been playing in the kitchen, so we took a yummy picnic lunch & off we went to Mt Coot Tha botanic gardens. It was so pretty, even on a grey overcast day ...


This was in the Japanese Garden. Worth a visit if you're in Bris. We found ourselves a grassy spot with the occasional splash of sun & set up ...


Here's the chef with mini frittatas, fresh salads & a glass of kombucha. NICE! 😁 It was fantastic to catch up for the first time since my birthday afternoon tea ...we had a LOT of chatting & giggles to catch up on! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And then the REALLY nasty weather hit & I went into hibernation! 😜 However ... The bright side is, it's great stitching weather & my needle has been busy. Would you like a sneaky-peeky at what I've been working on? ...



I can't give too much away. 😜 I'm loving working with Cottage Garden Threads & pretty aqua & raspberry Tilda fabrics. 😍 And that's a finish for my tally, too. Which reminds me ... OPAMers ... Now is the time to update your sidebar tallies & email me your finishes. The year is just flying by, isn't it?! It's been a strange one, that's for sure & we're not likely to forget 2020 in a hurry. 😳

That's about it from me for now. Wherever you are in the world & whatever your government guidelines may be, please stay safe & be wise as things start to return to "normal". Take care of yourself & each other. Keep stitching & keep smiling. 😁 Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Cheryll said...

Ooohhh your picnic looked NiCe... & nothing beats sharing a day with a friend.
Stay warm...xox

Janice said...

What a wonderful way to catch up with Lynette. Great food and venue. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your latest project. We had an Antarctic blast too, with another one due in the next few days.

Maria said...

Lovely catch up with your-bestest-friend- since- you- were- 9 and a pretty place for a picnic.
Have posted my OPAM finish and emailed you. XX

Raewyn said...

Yes, it's that time of the year alright - I think today will be perfect Cosy Fire weather for us. Looks like you really enjoyed your outing with your bestie, looks like a lovely spot. Gorgeous sneak-peak...... Will email (OPAM) you as soon as I get myself organised....

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kris lovely post glad you got to catchup with your friend Lynette,what a fun picnic that was put together.Your new project looks very interesting cant wait to see it,also Kris is it to late for me to join OPAM ,hope you have a wonderful Sunday ,cheers Shez xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Don't drop dead with shock im back again.... You best send me a secret pic pleas ..... Love Japanese gardens....a prefect spot to meet up with a friend....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...