Tuesday 7 July 2020

Winter Blues!

I've got deadlines I should be working towards, I've got pattern templates I should be editing, instructions I should be writing, sketches I should be brushing up, washing that should be put away, emails to answer, dinner to prepare  ... But I did none of those things! Instead, I took advantage of a rare gale-force-wind-free day & spent some time outside.



 I strolled around the garden to see what's growing & what's hibernating for winter, I chatted to one of our resident kookaburras, I topped up the birdbath for an impatient fantail bird (you should have heard the language he directed at me! 😝), I watered my vege patch & my marauding herbs (the mint is seriously plotting world domination, I'm convinced! 😂) & gazed at the blue, blue cloudless sky forming the dazzling backdrop for our gorgeous gum trees. SIGH! Yep ... That's the best winter blues to have. 😍 The deadlines & tasks are still on the "To Do" list, but after stopping to take some breaths of fresh, crisp winter air, I think I'm ready to put my head down & get working again. 😁 (PS This pic hasn't been enhanced or filtered in any way, just cropped ... The sky really was THAT blue!)

So ... How's YOUR Tuesday going? 😉 Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 

3 comments:

Maria said...

You sure had a beautiful sky...
My Tuesday was similar to yours, after hanging the washing I did a bit of weeding, shifted a couple of succulents that were getting too big for the barrow , cleaned out two bird baths ( our Willy is also very vocal ) had a shower , lunch and now off to the shop....
Enjoy the rest of your day....

Karen's Korner said...

Sometimes you just need to take the time to "smell the roses". Beautiful blue sky.

Janice said...

There’s nothing nicer than a clear winters day. A nice respite from the bleak weather.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...