Monday 17 January 2022

Happy New-ish Year!

Well ... there’s nothing like starting the year as you’re likely to go along, right?! 😜 We’re already two & a half weeks into 2022 & I’m just getting around to wishing you a happy new year. Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that I’m likely to be two & a half weeks behind for the rest of the year! Tee! Hee! Hee! I hope you all had the best Christmas & New Year period that you could have & that 2022 is being kind to you so far. Let me catch you up on my start to 2022 a little bit ...

GB & I both had some much-needed time off over the holidays (though not as much as we would have liked! 😜) & I think we left the house twice in 10 days! 😜 Apart from catching up with our parents, we were quite happy to stay away from everyone for a bit to sleep, read (me), binge watch favourite tv shows (GB), watch cricket (both of us) & generally recharge our batteries. By the second half of our break, we were even ready to tackle some jobs around the house, including ...


... painting our sitting room. When we bought our house seven years ago, it had all been painted in neutral taupe tones with white trims. While I love looking at photos of shabby chic neutrally decorated homes, it turns out I’m too much of a colour freak to live with neutral colours for too long. 😜 I’ve previously shared pics of our bedrooms as they’ve been updated, so ...above is GB in painting action & ...


... the same wall completed. The colour in the first pic is closer to the reality ... the second is taken at night with the new fairy lights on, so has a bit of a gold tone to it.


Another wall, looking through the arch, down the hallway that’s been painted the same dark sage-y green, towards the front door.. I love how it’s come up ... it makes me smile every time I walk through. 🥰 It feels so much cosier in there, now & the white trims really pop, as do the colours in my quilts & pretties. 😍

I also started working on a new Secret Squirrel project during my break for an exciting event coming up soon. I can’t give too much away, but this was the bundle of goodies I was given to design with ...


Pretty fabrics & some yummy Cottage Garden Threads! 😍 Can’t give too much away, though! 🤣 Stay tuned for updates. 

And switching from interior design to sewing stuff ... I’m finally wrapping up last year’s OPAM tally. I think there must have been a lot of people receiving handmade gifts for Christmas last year, because December was our largest tally for 2021 with ...

128 FINISHES!

WOWSER! Well done everyone! There might have also been more of us enjoying some time at home over the holidays so we had more opportunities to create. 😉 Thank you all so much for playing along with me for OPAM 2021! I always feel so privileged to be part of your creative journey & hope the monthly check-in encourages you to spend time relaxing & creating. 🥰 And the winner of the December random draw is ...


Congrats Judy! Drop me an email & I’ll send you your PDF pattern prize. Judy has been playing along with OPAM since it kicked off in 2009 & she knits the most GORGEOUS socks ... amongst other things. 😜 For those of you who (like me!) find OPAM a helpful nudge to get creative & FINISH some projects, you’ll be pleased to know that I WILL be hosting OPAM again for 2022! 😁 Sign up will be in early February ... it’s a bit later start this year because besides running late to wrap up OPAM 2021 & chasing a design deadline, I’m working more hours at my grown up job for a bit while we’re short-staffed, so need a bit longer to get organised, so stay tuned for signup announcement! ☺️

 But right now, I can hear the kettle playing my song, so I’ll sign off & make myself a cup of tea. 😊 I hope you are all staying safe, staying well, keeping on stitching & keeping on smiling! ☺️ Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 




7 comments:

Janice said...

I’m glad you both had a nice break. What would summer be without cricket. Such a good excuse to sit inside in the cool and do next to nothing. The painted walls have really transformed your sitting room. I’m so pleased that you are once again hosting OPAM. It is something I look forward to every year. I really appreciate the effort and time you put into it.

Toni Red Boots said...

Glad to hear you guys are okay, you've been quiet and I was starting to think Covid had visited. After five years of living with a neutral colour palette it's time for us to repaint the colour back into our lives. Sage green is the top colour on our list too. Take care, toni xx

Maria said...

Pleased you both had a nice break from your grown up jobs….
GB has done a great job painting and it looks lovely , as you said it does make things pop more….
Congrats to Judy and good to know you will be pushing us along again this year for OPAM….
It’s out triennial quilt hanging in August so need the pushing…..

Cheryll said...

Lovely home... & I look forward to 2022 OPAM with you...xox

Susan said...

Good you had a "recharge" break - love the new colour on the walls.

I'm in for OPAM again so will wait for the sign up!

Judy S. said...

What a nice surprise to see my name on your blog! So glad you are going to do OPAM again as it keeps me motivated. Hugs from Washington state!

Sharm said...

Oh I love the new color in the living area, it certainly makes it look more cosy and you are right about how it helps all your handmades to get the attention they deserve! You both have done a fabulous job of transforming this room. I sure hope you have another break scheduled for late Feb or sometime in March, because I'm reading between the lines (working in healthcare) and see the pressure cooker that's going on all over with staff shortages in an already high stress area ..... take good care of you xo Excited for OPAM 22 as I am way more organised since moving down here and have plenty of WIP's lined up as well as new projects ..... our new home needs some home mades to help make it's heart sing :) Good luck with the secret squirrel business ...........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...