Sunday 3 July 2022

Winter Sunday!

Greetings to you all from the top of our wintery ‘hill’ this cold & foggy Sunday. BRRRRRR! The temperature hasn’t made it into double digits by 1:30pm & the ‘feels like” hasn’t made it past 3 degrees. Add in that it’s still foggy outside …


… & my Beloved Geek Boy & I have gone into hibernation mode with the fire lit, copious cups of hot tea, a movie marathon & …


… sewing down some binding. I haven’t made this quilt … I’m just putting the binding on. It was made for one of GB’s workmates by an aunt who passed away before finishing the quilt, so I’m finishing it for him. Aren’t quilts a wonderful legacy to leave? They add beauty & warmth to our lives & wrap us in love even when the quilt-maker is far away or gone. As much as I muttered a bit as the bigger-than-I-usually-make quilt kept escaping my grip while machine sewing the binding on, it is a special honour to complete another quilter’s legacy. It also reminds me why I mostly make lap quilts! 🤣

Now … I’m not sure if I can count this as one of my finishes  … probably not. 😜 But it’s that time again when I remind all good OPAMers to update their sidebar tallies & email me with finishes for June. 😁 I actually DO have a couple of finishes this time round, which is a nice change. 😜 

But right now I think it’s time for another cuppa & another movie to keep stitching down this binding & ward off the wintery weather. Enjoy the tail end of your weekend & have a fabulous week. 😊 Til next time …

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 


3 comments:

ButterZ said...

What a great idea to roll up your binding and place it in the throat area. I’ll be trying it next time I bind…

Maria said...

Oh it’s been cold here too and nothing nicer than staying in with the heating on and crafting…
Have updated and done a post for OPAM Kris 😀👍

Chookyblue...... said...

a chilly week started today.........I had ice on my windscreen when I turned the wipers on..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...