Sunday 15 January 2023

Baby Steps!

Do you sometimes find that when you’ve lost your sewing mojo for some reason, it’s really tough to get going again? I confess I’ve really struggled over the last year to get into a creative habit. Between crazy Covid, topsy-turvy grown up job conditions & extra grown up job workload, my brain has been a bit full. So I was excited over the Christmas/New Year break when I heard the whisper of my designing muse & got sketching with some new stitchery designs. Then came the many hours of editing my sketches in photoshop to smooth out the bumps & get the sketches to publishing standard. Fun Fact: I fully edit my stitchery designs BEFORE I start making the pattern sample so that I’m working with exactly what you will be working with when you purchase one of my patterns.

I printed out the designs … And then … the edited stitchery outlines sat on my dining table for a week or two. 😜 I would stop & look at them when passing by, but somehow couldn’t take that step to trace & get stitching. Then on Friday I spent the day with three of my creative tribe members, got a sneaky-peeky at the soon-to-be-released Tilda Range “Pie In The Sky”, received some encouragement … & a giant nudge! 🤣 … & yesterday …

… I traced off the stitcheries, chose some threads & after I finish a few house chores, I’m planning to stitch in front of a fave movie for a couple of hours. 😊 And THAT’S why we need our creative tribe around us! 😉 I know it’s probably still going to take a bit to fully rediscover my mojo, but I’ve taken the first step. What do you do to help kickstart your mojo when it goes AWOL? I’d love to hear some ideas. 

If you think some fabric admiring might help get YOUR mojo motor humming, pop across to The Quilter’s Angel website to get a sneaky-peeky at Pie In The Sky … OOOOHH! & there’s a fabulous pre-order offer on this yummy range, too. But if your hubby asks, it wasn’t me who told you! Tee! Hee! Hee! Enjoy your week! Take care, stay safe, keep stitching & keep smiling! ☺️ Til next time …

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 

2 comments:

Janice said...

Baby steps are a great start. I usually find my sewjo disappears when my sewing room is out of control (which is often the case). Finding my space usually helps me. I can’t wait to see what you are making.

Maria said...

Slowly does it. I’m finding it hard to get back into sewing too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...