Saturday 11 February 2023

Progress!

Hello everyone! I hope you’re having a fabulous day. It’s a hot, humid & sunny day here on our ‘hill’, so I’m happily settled in under the ceiling fan, playing with ideas about how to make stitcheries into a finished “something” …

… and remembering why I usually just work with simple squares for my patchwork. 🤣😂 I’m not really a patchworker or a quilter … I’m a stitcher. 😜 I needed to play with coloured pencils & grid paper to get a better idea of what fabric to put where. I think I’ve got it worked out. 😜 

Remember the gum leaves I teased you with last time? Well … someone has been munching on them …


And since we heard one of our local grumpy male koalas grunting & roaring last night, I’m taking it as his unique approval of my design. 🤣 We’re so fortunate here on the edge of our forrest to have at least four or five koalas that visit our big eucalypt trees periodically … they seem to have a bit of a rotation around the area to allow the fresh leaves to regrow between their visits. 

And now it’s that time, when I boil the kettle & enjoy a cup of tea whilst watching the test cricket … the Aussies need all the help they can get cos the Indian team is trouncing them. 😜 Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Take care, stay safe, keep stitching & keep smiling. Til next time …

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 



3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh I like that cheeky Koala 🐨…
Not the best cricket game to watch today.

Judy S. said...

Love that Koala stitchery! How fun to see those critters outside instead of in a zoo.

Janice said...

He’s a happy looking koala. How special to have them visit your trees. Yes, well, the less said about the cricket the better. So much for sitting in front of the tele for a few days. Let’s hope they do better next time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...