Monday 2 March 2009

OPAM Challenge Monthly Winner!!


Yes, it's that time of the month again and some of you are probably holding your breath in anticipation of seeing who is this month's winner .... BREATHE!!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Well, after 479 finishes were posted for the short month of February (thanks to everyone who emailed their end-of-month list to May Britt or I!!!) May Britt and I took a quick cruise through the remaining blogs to get the totals, so if you hadn't updated your sidebar list - YOU MISSED OUT! The finishes were fed into the random number generator thingy and the winner is ... posted on May Britt's blog! Tee! Hee! Hee! Pop across and see if it's you or to congratulate the winner. And a big CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who finished even one project - that IS after all the name of our Challenge!!

#####

In other news ... hmmm ... suddenly I feel like Sandra Sully ... without the blond hair, sexy voice or curves! (well-known news reader for overseas visitors who are scratching their heads!!) I made a trip to my little neighbourhood post office last week to post off some goodies. My good mate Raymond was, as always, very helpful and slightly bemused at all the different overseas destinations I post to! Tee! Hee! Hee! Now Kerryanne is always teasing about me having something going with my postie - actually, Raymond isn't my local post office, his little post office is conveniently on my way home, whereas our REAL local post office is in a shopping centre we never go to - shame we can't pick! However, I thought I'd introduce you to my good mate Raymond anyway, since I seem spend quite a lot of time and money in his post office!!


Here he is, in action, weighing my parcels. And one of them took a short trip down the hill to Brisbane to my blogging buddy Joy. Joy sent me a lovely make-up Stitchers Angel giftie, so this was my return giftie to her.


A project bag and heart shaped scissor keep both with Bronwyn Hayes stitcheries on them, cos I know Joy is as addicted to Bronwyn's stitcheries as I am!! Plus a cute little notebook, some handy sharpie pens and a Christmas decoration that I just HAD to send Joy cos it has her name on it! Tee! Hee! Hee! And there was also a selection of hot drink sachets and flavoured teas to give Joy an energy boost and a treat when she's stitching. She says she's already using the little project bag, so that's great! The back of the scissor keep looks like this ...


More of that easy-peasey strip piecing. Still some more parcels winging their way around the world ... you never know WHERE my parcels will turn up next! Tee! Hee! Hee!

But right now, I'm off to cook dinner to keep my beloved Geek Boy from gnawing on the furniture, so til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Kris, seems like you, Joy & i have soemthing in common - Bronwyn Hayes stitcheries. :) I love the bag & scissor keeper. Redwork is one of my faves. Hugs, Jeanette

May Britt said...

Such lovely goodies for Joy.
Love the stitcheries you have made on them.

Judy S. said...

Hi Kris, Well, that Joy is a lucky one! Those are really cute things you made. Do you have a link to Bronwyn Hayes? I'd love to see more of her patterns. Thx.

Joy said...

Thanks again Kris for all the lovely goodies, I love them :o)!! I wonder if anyone noticed that you even stitched my name on the cup and saucer :o). Such thoughtful gifts, you're such a sweety :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Aahhh... so that's Raymond. LOL
I don't suppose GB is too worried about this blossoming friendship.

What beautiful goodies you have sent to Joy. You really are a wonderful blogging friend Kris.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Judith Tetley said...

Lovely gifts, very nice stitching...remind me to ask for you if a swap is on...LOL.
Kind Regards
Judith
www.creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Gail McCormack said...

Thankyou for introducing us to Raymond! I also have a buddy at our Local Post Office.

Joy is lucky to be getting all those goodies - your work is beautiful Kris

Anonymous said...

I want that kitty cat and teapot combo pattern as soon as i can use my hands again!

ack,birthday alert...have yet to find a pressie pou vous!

julia said...

Hi Kris,
wow, the bag and heart are gorgeous, the stitcheries - sooo cute! Joy is really a lucky girl...
Hugs, Julia

P.S.: I - again - had problems posting my comment...sorry, the first one was much cooler ;o)

2ne said...

I loved the bag and the hart - just beautiful. You have a great blog, have a nice day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...