Thursday 23 June 2011

Covergirl & Imperfect Treasure!!

Hello from the top of my freezing cold hill!! BRRRRR! Yep ... those horrible south-westerlies are STILL blowing a gale and carrying the songs of the penguins to us all the way from the Antarctic tundras! So ... a smart gal stays inside where it's warm and finds a way to occupy herself. Just in case you were wondering ... YES!! ... today I AM a smart gal! Tee! Hee! Hee!

The perfect way to occupy myself seemed to be to curl up with a cuppa and enjoy a little something that landed in my mailbox on Tuesday and I hadn't had time to really enjoy yet ...


... the latest issue of "Handmade" magazine. And do you spy that little bear dressed in purple? You might remember her from this sneaky peek earlier in the year ...


Hmmm ... I wasn't giving much away, was I! :0) Well, now she's a COVER GIRL! I do hope it doesn't go to her head! Tee! Hee! Hee! So, what does she look like up close?


There she is! What a cutie ... if I do say so myself! :0) Also gracing the pages of this issue of "Handmade" are a couple of projects by my blogging buddy Jenny of Elefantz, the lovely Val Laird (who packs a PORT to go on holidays like I do!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) and Michelle Ridgeway, who sometimes pops into my blog for a visit ... but I've lost the link to Michelle's blog ... sorry Michelle!! If you're trying to find a way to escape the cold this winter grab a copy and curl up with your favourite hot beverage!! :0)

 
Now, usually when I take a photo of the issue of the mag my projects are in, the original sample has come home from it's photo shoot, but not this time. Oh no! Lil is really taking to the jetsetting lifestyle of a covergirl and is currently swanning about at the Sydney Craft and Quilt Fair as a special guest of the "Handmade" team at their stand. She's a very social little bear, so if you're at the show, why not stop off at the "Handmade" stand and say G'day to Lavender Lil ... maybe even take your photo with her ... she really WILL think she's a jetsetting, celebrity covergirl, won't she! Tee! Hee! Hee! Here's a photo of her before the fame started to go to her pretty green felt head ...


 
Aahh, yes, I can remember when she was content just to hang out in our front garden in the lavender bush, chatting to the bees and waiting to play tag with the faeries. I wonder how she will adjust to this simple life when she comes home! :0) Then again ... if it's still this cold (3 degrees in my kitchen at 7am and 5 degrees in my office at 8:30am!!!) when she gets home from her jetsetting adventures, Lil may just hibernate happily for the rest of winter ... and I might join her! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week no matter where you are (those gals in parts of the USA who have said you're sweltering, feel free to send some of your excess heat this way!!). Right now, I'm off to enjoy that cup of tea you see in the photos. What sort of tea?? Why ... LAVENDER TEA of course! :0) Til next time ...


BEAR HUGS!


CHEERS!
KRIS

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris i bought the mag today,congrats your little green bear looks so sweet.

Mistea said...

Little Lil is looking mighty fine there on the cover - hope she is enjoying the jetsetting lifestyle.
Stay warm by the heater - yep smart girl.

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

What imperfect treasures?? woohhoo Kris i knew you would be a covergirl someday...pity your sweet bear beat you too it! hehe
Congratulations!
Hope you are keeping warm..tea will help definetly.
Kiss Noises Linda moi

Maria said...

Congrates for being a COVER GIRL. Oh well Lil is.She's a cutie.
Sounds like she will enjoy hiberating with you on her return.
We are having the most magnificent sunny winter days(SORRY)in the West. Could do with more rain though.

Fee said...

You make a wonderful cover girl. Love your teddy.

Hugs - Fee XX

Sew Useful Designs said...

Lavendar Lil is a girl after my own heart... do you think she'll squeeze me in her suitcase next time she's off jetsetting?!!! Beauiful Kris! :-)

Congratulations to both you and the cover girl!!!

Hugs! Vikki xoxoxo

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh that Lavender Lil is a 'get-about' gal. I hope she returns home soon.

Congrats Kris on another published project. She is just lovely.
Rug up and stay warm.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Kris....she is a cutie, well one again...and a cover girl too...I wonder what has happened to my copy, it should have been delivered by now..????

Joy said...

Ooooh I bet it's f-f-f-f-freezing up there you poor thing!!! You might have to make Lil a warm coat if she's coming home soon - brrrr!!! She's just adorable Kris, she's a perfect cover-girl ;o).
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

De said...

Lavender Lil is a beauty - no wonder she is a cover girl.

Stay warm and hopefully this "winter thing" passes quickly xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...