Friday 24 June 2011

Imperfect Treasure ... Take 2!!

Did you have a proper look at the title for my post yesterday? If so, you will have noticed that it said, "Covergirl & Imperfect Treasure". Now only ONE of you, my keen-eyed blogging buddies, noticed that I had in fact forgotten to write anything about the "Imperfect Treasure". The Lovely Lilly Linda noticed ... I know she's always keeping an eye out for special treasures, so I guess that's why she noticed! :0) So ... I thought today I'd finish that little story.

Now ... those of you who've been popping in to visit me for a while now have probably picked up on the fact that I LOVE pretty china cups. I like ...


... teacups in sets ...


... teacups with bluebirds ...


... I especially love teacups with violets on them! ...


... I love teacups with roses ... yellow, red or pink ...


... I love this cup that has a Court Jester on it, because my nickname for a while was the Court Jester ...



... I ADORE this cup with a thatched cottage on it because I love thatched cottages. In fact, I love teacups so much, that they are displayed all around our home. I have ...



... teacups on shelves. Many of these belonged to my Nan who felt there was nothing that couldn't be fixed by a sit down and a nice cup of tea ... or two or three! :0) Her teacups were the seed for my own ever-growing collection!! There are ...


... teacups with candles in them ...


... and teacups with bears in them. And SOMETIMES, just to be a bit radical ...


... I actually put TEA in my teacups! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Now ... this is a rather long-winded way of introducing my story. You see, when I went to take this photo yesterday, my pretty violet trio set was rather dusty ... it had been some time since the dusting faeries had been to visit! :0) So I filled the sink with warm soapy water to wash it up ... and decided to do a few more while I was at it ... not ALL of them, you understand, cos I'd have been there all day! :0) But the few that were beside this set on its shelf. And one of them is one of my 'special' treasures ...


I found this set in a pokey little antique shop in a funny little country town where we stopped to stretch our legs on one of our trips away and I had barely walked in the door when this set caught my eye. My Nan, who started me in my teacup obsession, was a champion grower of gladioli flowers and these gorgeous, vibrant hand-painted beauties reminded me of the walks around the garden I shared with my Nan when I was a child. The owner of the shop looked at me a little strangely when I took it to the counter and pointed out that the saucer was badly cracked and just as badly repaired. I said I didn't care ... it was my new imperfect treasure! :0) In fact ... I rather related to this tea set trio ... it is a little unusual, a little colourful, a little loud  and a little cracked ... just like ME! Tee! Hee! Hee! And it reminded me that while we may not come through life unscathed, we can still bring joy to those around us and serve a special purpose.

So there you have it ... the story of my imperfect treasure. I have many other imperfect treasures ... vintage tablecloths with stains and holes, doilies with odd little marks and bears that are missing some fur, but each and every one brings me pleasure and joy because it tells a story. And do you know ... some of the most fabulous "Imperfect Treasures" that I have are ...

My Friends!!! :0)

And let me tell you, some of them are a little cracked too! Tee! Hee! Hee! But I love them every one and they bring joy to my life just by being part of it. So ... to all my "Imperfect Treasures" ...

THANK YOU!!!

I'm now off to use another of my pretty teacups for the purpose they were intended. I hope you've all had a fabulous week and that your weekend is full of adventures, surprises and maybe even some imperfect treasures!! Til next time ...


BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely post Kris,gorgeous tea cups and sets

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just love this collection Kris....right up my alley...

Jo in TAS said...

Lovely treasure no matter how imperfect it may be, it brings back those treasured memories of your Nan! This post makes me want to pull all of my Grandmother's china out of the box that I stored in the cupboard and actually start using them!

ittybittyandpretty said...

what a lovely post! i have just started a collection of anything 'violet' and i have the exact same cup as you! and funnily enough i have started collecting them because they remind me of my grandmother. as you know violets grow well in toowoomba and when i see them or smell them they remind me of my grandmother and the gorgeous big bunches she would pick because as she would say the more you pick the more they grow. i have planted a violet and must say it is growing well but not flowering all that much. i picked one off it the other day and the smell took me back to my days on the farm out on pillar street.
anyhow...thanks for this post, you are so right, nothing wrong with imperfect especially when it makes you so happy.
xxxrosey

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Kris...I luv your story...about imperfections. Sometimes, it's the imperfections in our good friends that make them sooo very special to us!

I can't believe it...all the way across the globe...but, I have several of the violet tea cups and yellow flowered one too! yikes...how do wonderful things like this happen? ummm =)

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot

Karen, aka Yaya said...

I love teacups too and have a few in my collection as well. I even have the violets teacup you have and the one of the left of teacups with candles in them!!!
Great post.

Joy said...

Well how about that Kris, there's something else we have in common :o). I knew you collected teacups - I do too, but I have nowhere near as many as you do lol. BUT - we both lurve thatched roof cottages apparently, and I have the very same little trio as you do!!! I even have the cake plate and sandwich plate to match them ;o)!!!
Nothing wrong with imperfections ... that's what makes us all more interesting ;o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Teddlywinks said...

What did you say Kris? I'm a little hard of hearing with this ear of mine ....... teacups you say? Pretty teacups and lots of them? So why is she drinking out of a big spotty mug I ask ......? (L.O.L.)
Bear hugs,
Liz

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Imagine how boring life would be if we were all perfect Kris... oh, banish the thought.
I like life in an imperfect world and what's better than some imperfect treasure to bring us joy. I love your teacups... especially the imperfect one.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...