Thursday 15 September 2011

Homespun Angels!!

Are you all like me? Do you wait impatiently for a good thing to happen once you know that it's going to happen?? Do you cross days off calendars, double-check the date, check the mailbox several times a day ... just in case the postie was running a bit late ... OK ... so checking the mail at 10pm starts to be a little obsessive! Tee! Hee! Hee! But you know what I mean ... right?? Or is that just me?? :0)

So ... I've shared often here on my blog about the GORGEOUS group of ladies that formed earlier in the year to make quilts for flood/disaster victims, the Quilting Angels. Well ... the lovely Catherine at "Homespun" was touched by the huge response to Marion's Quilt Drive and asked one of her intrepid writers to liaise with us to put together a story about our Angels ... Jeanette has done a WONDERFUL job of sifting through the PAGES of comments and notes I sent her on behalf of the Angels ... I'm surprised her eyeballs weren't bleeding by the end of it all! Tee! Hee! Hee! AND ...

IT'S HERE!!

The issue that features a wonderful three-page spread of story and photos about Marion's Quilting Angels is in the current issue of "Homespun" ... No. 100 Vol. 12.9. WOO! HOO! Waiting over!!

Here's the first pages of our story ... and can you see the two 'Head Angels' in that GORGEOUS photo?? :0) I love this photo of Marion and Steph!! And there's one of my own angels ... made from Anni Downs' "An Angels Story" book a few years ago ... quilt is still on the list! :0) If you haven't already grabbed your copy of "Homespun" you really should, cos as well as the story on our Quilting Angels, there are LOTS of fabulous projects to make ... including a pretty bag by my GAWJUS blogging buddy Joy-Belle, a sweet stitchery hanging by the clever Julie Lovell who I was lucky enough to meet at Stitchers Dream Day Out on the weekend, this month's BOM block is designed by Bronwyn Hayes ... OH! ... and just too many more things to mention that will keep you creating for AGES! :0)

And some good news for those of you like me who have trouble waiting for good things to arrive/happen ... and my blogging buddies overseas ... "Homespun" has gone high-tech and you can now get your subscription online! WOO! HOO! It's through Zinio and the direct link is HERE. So ... no more missing out on issues, no more expensive overseas postage and WAY less storage space needed in your sewing room to store your mags, so of COURSE that means more room for more FABRIC! Tee! Hee! Hee! Not to mention ... that the online sub is a little cheaper than the hardcopy version, so there's also more play money to buy ... you guessed it!  ... MORE FABRIC! :0) Hmmm ... I think this will be going on my Christmas wish list ... along with an iPad so I can read my digital magazines and books in bed! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And now ... I'm off to take advantage of the sunny spring day we're enjoying and will hang some washing before Mum and I toodle off to visit some of our local parks that are brimming over with spectacular floral displays ready for this coming weekend's launch of the Carnival of Flowers. Hope your week is going well and that you too have time to stop and smell the flowers! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

7 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris, Hope you and your mum are having lots of fun together.
Can't wait to get my copy of Homespun to read all about Marions Angels.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris hope you have a great day with your mum

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,
I'm going to pop into the Quilting Angel this weekend after I go to the Geham craft show. I don't get there very often because it's on the other side of Toowoomba. That's probably a good thing........at least my hubby would think so!
Have a nice time looking at all the beautiful gardens,
Julie-Anne

Maria said...

Yes i read all about you wonderful ladies in Homespun.
There are always sew many projects I wish to do out of each magazine.
Is that your Redwork Brutus Blocks made into a quilt Kris???
How good is that. My are stil in a box.:(
Hope you had a graet Spring Day with Mum.
We have sew many beautiful natives in bloom on the block.

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Oh yes yes I had already read that...and all your lovely quotes...you are quiet the media star these days my lovely!!
Love your angel and big hugs to your mum who no doubt is certain I am quiet mad.
Hmmm I wonder if a visit to Toowoomba counts as a school holiday excursion? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps..
Kiss Noises Linda

De said...

Awesome article Kris! Enjoy the last few days with your Mum!

Love Bears All Things said...

Lovely that you all had your event covered for a magazine.
I was excited that I might be able to get Homespun in the states.
Mama Bear

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...