Monday 5 September 2011

Tell Me Why I Don't LIke Mondays!

Why??? ... Cos I'm SURE that Mondays have even LESS hours in them than other days of the week!!! Or maybe it's just that my "To Do" list every Monday is so LONG. Hmmm ... I could be on to something there! :0)

Busy weekend at the Meares' Madhouse ... trying to shovel out the clutter a bit ready for a parental visit this coming weekend ... not to mention two very busy weeks coming up. Not sure I achieved even HALF the things on that "To Do" list, but did manage to get a couple done. The fun one was FINALLY getting a few things hung on the walls in my sewing room ... this required the assistance of my Beloved Geek Boy, you see, so it has taken a while to co-ordinate the hammer, nails, hooks, ladder and chief-stander-on-ladders and banger-of-nails. :0) Anything that can be reached from the floor, I can handle, but these were WAY above my reach-up height ... hence the wait. Here we go ...

The bunting that I finished a few months ago has FINALLY made it to the wall and I'm pretty happy with how it looks ... though it was a bit of a challenge explaining how I wanted it draped ... GB doesn't 'get' bunting, so wasn't being very helpful!! GRRRRR!! And do you see my three new canvasses?? I bought these from the Lovely Lilly Linda after spotting them in one of her lovely photo shoots featured on her blog. I emailed her to put SOLD stickers on them for me and picked them up when we had our bloggy buddy play date. (Linda has LOTS of pretty things that she shows on her blog, so pop across for a visit if you haven't already found her!)


Don't you love the postcard-y effect and the yummy sepia tones?? Ooh La La! :0) Oh ... and do you see the faeries in these photos? Linda says these 'lights' that appear in photos sometimes are the faeries playing. Well ... that explains what happens to things I'm looking for that go missing in the sewing room ... the FAERIES hide them! Tee! Hee! Hee! The other item to finally be hung was a groovy hanger thingy (that's the technical term, you understand! Tee! Hee! Hee!) that I found a while back to house my quilting rulers ...


Ta Da!! I'm not sure what it was originally designed for, but it gave me a classy way to keep my rulers out of the way and safe from being stepped on by GB ... yes ... that HAS happened before ... hence the broken ruler you can see behind the centre ruler!!! Now I can also show off the GORGEOUS ruler covers made for me by my equally GORGEOUS blogging buddy and OPAM partner-in-crime, Sweet Peg. She's done such a lovely job making them that it's nice to show them off! :0)

And speaking of OPAM ... the weekend also saw Sweet Peg and I do our round up and blog-hop. A big thank you to everyone who emailed Peg and I with your end of month tally ... it really does help us a lot to have those emails come in. I'm still catching up on replying to the emails I received ... but I'll get there! :0) I think we must all have been busy with 'real life' during August, cos it was the lowest tally of finishes for the year so far. Mind you ... there were still 392 finishes, so that's not exactly shabby, is it! :0) Well done to everyone who added finishes to their sidebar list and also to those who, like me, were stitching away at longer-term projects. Remember ... if you made some progress for the month, if you did a bit of stitching here and there, then you've ACHIEVED something, so well done! :0) OK ... the random draw winners for August are ...




CONGRATULATIONS, gals!!! Email your snail mail addresses through to me and I'll pop some surprises into the mail for you.

In the meantime ... like the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland ...

"I'm LATE! I'm LATE!!"

So I'd better scuttle off and get ready for vocal ensemble rehearsal ... Folk Music concert this weekend and tonight is a full run through ... including a solo by yours truly! EEP!!!! Hope your week is off to a fabulous start and that no one has been stealing hours from YOUR day! :0)

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Your sewing room looks great... what is it about men and bunting???? I like the bed in there... need to get your beloved GB to design a way of sewing horizontally.... hmmmm
Hugz

De said...

MMMMM things on walls - love it! Think your ruler hangy thingy may have originally meant to be a plate hangy thingy.

Congrats to the OPAM winners and enjoy your hours when you find them

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Oh your new treasures look lovely and thank you for saying such sweet things about me...blush... I can just envisage your DH hanging your pretty bunting up..hehehe.
I love your quilt ruler covers/display thingy too....need one..need wall first.
Kiss Noises Linda

PDTE said...

HI Kris

The room looks lovely and the plate holder hangy thing is a stroke of genius. I am so excited to be an OPAM winner. What a lovely surprise.
Debra

Sofia Amaral M. said...

:))))))))))))))

Love Bears All Things said...

Lovely wall decorations and I understand completely the wait for a little help from our spouses.
Mama Bear

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...