Tuesday 7 February 2012

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?!?!

Do you ever get in a rut with your meal choices? Answering that eternal question ... "What's for dinner?" can be so tiring. So ... I decided it was time to dig myself out of my rut by digging out a few new recipes and I thought I'd share one with you. Actually ... it's kind of an old favourite. I made it quite a bit some years ago and then kind of ... forgot ... about it. Do you do that with favourite recipes? Cook them LOTS for a while and then they somehow fall off the radar? Well let me share a new old favourite of ours ...


MUSHROOM  FLAN

This recipe is REALLY easy and SOOOOOOOO yummy! You can serve it as an entree, with salad or as a side dish with your choice of meat. Our personal favourite combination is with steak and Greek salad. YUMMO!!!

Step 1. Splash some olive oil into the bottom of a fairly deep saucepan. Dice a medium onion and pop it into the oil. Chop two cloves of garlic and add it to the oil. Add a couple of pinches of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.

Step 2. Roughly dice about 800grams of mushrooms. I take stalks and skin off, but you don't have to. Toss the chopped mushrooms into the saucepan and turn on the heat.

The reason for the deep saucepan ... mushrooms are bulky when raw, but will 'shrink' as they cook down. Stir the onion/mushroom mix so it doesn't stick ... add a splash more oil if it's needed to stop the mushrooms from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan. Cook until the mushrooms are quite soft and have cooked down.

Step 3. Tip the cooked mushroom mixture into a food processor or blender and blitz those fungi!! :0)

Step 4. Crack four eggs into the processor/blender and blitz briefly until the eggs are mixed in.

Step 4. Pour the mushroom mix into a greased flan dish and pop it into an oven pre-heated to 150 degrees Celsius for around 30-40 minutes ... when the top is firm and the flan starts to come away from the edge of the dish ... so it looks like this ...

Step 5. ENJOY!!! :0)

See? An easy-peasy, tasty dinner treat. :0) So ... what's cookin' good lookin' at YOUR place today?? An old favourite? A new recipe? A good ol' stand by quick-to-make meal? Whatever's cooking at your place today, I hope its quick to make so you have plenty of time to spend stitching! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope your week's off to a great start!! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS





4 comments:

Fiona said...

oh how I love easy peasy tasty food like this... thanks...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

yummy,thankyou Kris.xx

Debbie Lane said...

Oh how I loathe meal cooking...I'd have to find a mushroom substitute b4 I could get my pair to eat it...!!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Mmmmm.... it has my mouth watering Kris. I love mushrooms but will have to try this when the family aren't here. They not only hate the taste of mushrooms, but gag at the smell of them cooking - lol. I think they are a bit harsh saying they smell like dirty socks!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...