Saturday 24 October 2015

Stitching Rainbows!!

"RED and YELLOW and PINK and GREEN,
PURPLE and ORANGE and BLUE,
I can sing a RAINBOW, sing a RAINBOW,
sing a RAINBOW too."

That song is stuck in my head at the moment and I thought I'd share with you all! Tee! Hee! Hee! You see ... I currently have a rainbow spilling all over my dining room table ... and dining room floor ... and ironing board ... and ...!!! :0P I'm working on a new design ... a fun, cheerful, bright and COLOURFUL kids quilt and this is half of my colour palette ...

There is another version of each of these colours, too, along with a nice splash of clean white. I finished all of the tedious applique prep yesterday and am starting to place and press ... can't wait to start playing with some raw edge machine applique! I promise to show you the finished top soon.

I LOVE rainbows! To me they are a precious promise, a symbol of hope, a reminder of the magic we find in God's creation around us every day ... if only we remember to look and appreciate it.  What does a rainbow mean to you?? I'd love to hear. :0)

Right ... off to make a cuppa and get back to placing applique bits ... Red and yellow and pink and green ... !!!! Til next time ...

RAINBOW BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


3 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks Kris now the song is stuck in my head.....LOL... I just love to see rainbows. They are just magicail....We have some beautiful huge ones on The Block......
Looking forward to to seeing what you create with those beautiful bright fabrics.
Enjoy your weekend.

Christine said...

Wonderful happy colours.

Gari in AL said...

I love all your colors, they look so happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...