Tuesday 21 February 2017

I'm Off The Naughty List!!

When Santa didn't bring me a parcel for the SSCS last year, I thought I must've been TOOOOOO naughty to have deserved a giftie! No comments from those of you who know me!! :0P I received a lovely, apologetic email from my swap partner Wendy who said she'd been having a bit of a struggle with her incoming & outgoing mail & my parcel seemed to have disappeared through a crack in time & space. It will probably show up in a Dr Who episode one day! Tee! Hee! Hee! She is such a sweetie that she said she would send another parcel. :0)

Well ... It seems Wendy's postal service decided to play nice the second time around & a lovely parcel arrived late last week ... WOO! HOO! Thank you Wendy! Inside my parcel I found ...


A very versatile table runner & a mini Santa stocking for my mini tree. :0) I love that Wendy went with an understated colour palette for my runner, as it means I can sit things on it without worrying that I'm covering a design ... Like sitting ...


... A pretty candle on it.

A big thank you to Wendy for my surprise-Christmas-in-February gifties! I somehow never get around to making myself any Christmassy things. It's always a hugely busy time of the year & I usually procrastinate so long about the things I need to make for gifties for other people that I always run out of time to do anything for me. And a huge thank you to the wonderful Chookyblue for once again hosting SSCS. It's the only swap I enter now, as it is always so well organised.

In other news ... Don't forget ... If you haven't yet signed up to be part of OPAM 2017, you still have a few days to join Sweet Peg & me. To the few gals who have sent their sign up email but haven't heard back from me yet ...SORRY! My Beloved Geek Boy handed his old laptop over to me to replace my drowning victim after he got a new laptop for work. The catch is ... His new laptop is slower than his old one (ie. Now MY laptop) so he keeps pinching mine back. Hmmmm ... !! So ... Once I manage to snaffle it back, I'll send welcome letters to acknowledge your sign up. And of course, February is our first month for recording finishes for the year, so update your sidebar lists.

Right now though, I'm off to play Polly & put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea. You know, I suspect that if I found out a meteor was hurting towards the earth & we were only hours from a catastrophic impact, I would probably still make time for a nice cup of tea! :0P Enjoy the rest of your week! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS xx


 


 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris what a lovely gift,I wonder where the first one ended up,so glad you got your pressie xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is lovely and thoughtful 💖💖

Susan said...

Well worth the wait!

Sharm said...

I agree with you, the table runner looks lovely being less busy! And yes, always time for a cuppa xo

Wendy said...

So glad that you like the runner Chris...It must have took the scenic route to get there to you. I am so happy that it finally made it. Hope you are having a great week.

Maria said...

I'm sure you're not that Naughty 🙃...
How thoughtful of Wendy to send another parcel with the fabulous table runner and cute ornie...

Raewyn said...

So sweet of Wendy to re-make/send the parcel - lovely to receive something when you're not expecting it! And a lovely parcel it is too - you're right , the runner with the less busy centre will be perfect for filling up with stuff oops I mean displaying items :-)

Simone Harding said...

Great table runner. I too had a parcel get lost from Wendy. It was my first ever swap and it never arrived so I am guessing someone else wanted it more than I did.

Jindi's Cottage said...

So glad you are off the naughty list...that was clearly an error on Santa's part!!! Lovely SSCS pressie there from Wendy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...