I'd spent a couple of hours on Sunday tracing, sticking & cutting out all the appliqué pieces, so I just had to iron my background fabric, measure for placement, iron on the bits & get stitching. I thought the MINIMUM I'd get done would be half of the machine sewing. BARP! WRONG!
No sooner had I started to wrestle the quilt around to machine appliqué the pieces (working with the entire 42"x70" quilt was a wee bit challenging for this non-machine sewing gal!) when I noticed something alarming ...
AAAARRGGHHH! The bits were coming askew! The lettering was starting to look like alphabet soup & the central appliqué figure was looking like a deflated balloon! It's the first time I've had a problem with Easy Fix, it's usually very reliable. SIGH!
So it was back to wrestling the quilt-top-in-progress onto the ironing board to iron those suckers back where they belonged. (It seems to be sticking better now ... So far!) By then, most of my time had trickled away & I only had half an hour before I needed to start dinner prep, so I did what any dedicated stitcher would do ... Gave up & watched a quiz show! :0)
Hopefully I'll get back to it tomorrow. I'll share more pics once it starts to look the way it's supposed to. Stay tuned! :0) And if you would like to find out more about Aussie Hero Quilts you can pop over HERE to say g'day to Jan-Maree & her merry band of quilters.
Right now though, it's time for this tired teddy bear to turn off the light & let the rain on the roof lull me to sleep ... BLISS! :0) Hope your week is off to a great (less frustrating than mine!) start. Til next time ...