Thursday 23 March 2017

Bit Of A Birthday!

Hello to all you lovelies out there in blogland! I hope you're all having a fabulous week. Well ... We had to come home from the beach ... SIGH! But ... We had a wonderful time helping Grandma celebrate her 94th birthday.

In amongst the smoke from 94 candles, another March gal celebrated a birthday ...


Haven't changed much, have I?! Tee! Hee! Hee! Yes, my birthday sort of got absorbed into Grandma's celebrations, but I DID receive a few special treats to spoil me. My Beloved Geek Boy organised a foot massage for me, as well as a bit of a splurge at the Quilters Shack in Bundaberg ... Isn't it lovely to have someone who knows & understands you! :0) Here's what followed me home ...


Some YUMMY batiks. The blues & green will join a stash of batiks I have tucked away to make myself another patchwork tiered skirt. The reds? Weeeeeeellll ... They were just so PRETTY that I had to adopt them! :0)

I also received a special gift from one of the lovely ladies from the retirement village where I work.


A ring box. Just kidding! :0) But that will give you an idea of the size of the giftie.


Isn't it GORGEOUS!! This miniature teacup & saucer is holding a bunch of teeny-tiny flowers. Thanks Marg! :0) Now I need to find the best spot  to display it.

A big "THANK YOU" to all of you gorgeous cyber buddies who sent emails, FaceBook messages & texts to wish me a happy birthday. I may have had to be a grown up & go to work, but I certainly felt very loved! :0)

And as a bit of a delayed birthday treat, I'm off to Brisbane tomorrow for a sleepover play date weekend with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette. Did you just hear two husbands shudder in fear?! Tee! Hee! Hee! We haven't got any set-in-concrete plans but there are whispers of an antique shop hop, maybe some coffee shop visits & I can guarantee there will be LOTS of chatting & LOTS of laughing. :0) I promise I'll report back on our adventures next week ... Stay tuned! :0)

And since the housework is all over the shop at the moment due to our comings & goings, I need to go & throw some clothes in the washing machine so I've got clean knickers to take with me. :0) Whatever you're up to, I hope you have a fabulous weekend. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 


 


 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Happy belated birthday wishes 🎂And I pleased you were spoilt.. how cute is that tiny teacup.....
Oh no you haven't. Changed a bit still justas cute....😁

sunny said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fabulous time away!! Don't get into too much trouble.

Christine said...

Wow, you actually haven't changed! Hope you find lots of treasure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...