Friday 1 December 2017

A Birthday & OPAM Reminder!

Hello to all of my lovely blogland buddies! I know I've been a bit quiet here on the blog ... Somehow life just seems to get busier & busier, doesn't it! Especially as the year winds down. Christmas is just three weeks (& a few days!) away ... EEEEEEEEK!! I am so NOT ready for it!

However ... Before the jolly round man in the red suit puts in an appearance, we have a bit of a birthday run, the most recent being my wonderful Mum's birthday yesterday. 


Here's Mum at about 17/18 ... A bit of a looker, wasn't she?! :0)


And still a bit of a looker at 71 ... She actually has less grey in her hair than my Beloved Geek Boy! He tries to say I caused his grey hairs but I pointed out that Mum's had more years with me than him & has fewer grey hairs so that argument doesn't stand up! Tee! Hee! Hee! 

My Mum is a pretty amazing lady who has always encouraged me to not worry about what 'everyone' is doing, but instead to be my own person, to stand up for what I believe & to make my own choices. And even when she may not have agreed with those choices, I've always known she was there to support & encourage me. If I turn out to be half the woman my gorgeous Mum is, I think I'll be doing just fine! :0)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA!! LOVE YOU HEAPS!! XX

And helping Mum celebrate her birthday (part 1, part 2 of her birthday surprise happens tomorrow!) is my excuse for being tardy to remind all of you lovely OPAMers that it's time to update your sidebar lists & email your tally of finishes to me & my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg ... Who is also a recent birthday girl! :0) Happy Birthday Sweet Peg!!

Right ... That's it from me today because just like Alice In Wonderland's White Rabbit ... "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!" I'm off for a drive down our 'hill' for a belated birthday catchup with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette. Report at a later date! :0) Have a fab weekend everyone! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wishing your lovely Mum and your Bestest-Buddy-Since-You-Were-Nine Lynette both very happy Birthdays.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...