Saturday 16 December 2017

Christmas Shenanigans!!

Well ... Here I sit in my comfy chair with my feet up ... What a day!! I finally ran out of time to procrastinate about the cleaning in preparation for hosting the Christmas gathering of some of the Friday Night Sit n Sew gals & had to get stuck in. Thankfully, I had the able assistance of my Beloved Geek Boy ... What a wonderful man I married! :0)

After several hours of manic cleaning & setting up, we were ready to go ...


...the table was set. I decided to go with the K.I.S.S principle ... Keep It Simple, Stoopid! :0) Sticking with my aqua colour theme, a rustic hessian runner, some spruce branches from the garden, a couple of aqua candle lanterns & some more aqua lights.


I love the pop of the aqua on the white & hessian. I'm kicking myself that I forgot to take a photo after dark. Ah well.


Once everyone had arrived, we spent some relaxed time chatting & enjoying some nibblies before Chriss handed out some little kits for a quick craft project.


That's Chriss on the left giving instructions. The rest of us were struggling with left & right, under & over & through. If you ever want to shut us up ... Give us a project we have to concentrate on! :0) You can see Kim & Gail are determined to get it sorted.


Lynda wondering if she zigged when she should have zagged! :0) But ...


We did it!! YAY! Well done Chriss for walking us through successfully. And what did we make?


... A cute folded star. Very cute, even if I did feel like a bit of a Gumby working it out. :0)

We then had a DEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS dinner of cold meats & yummy salads, followed by one of Julie's cheesecake masterpieces & more chatting over a cuppa.


And there MAY have been some frivolity & shenanigans!! Hmmm ... Julie's halo seems to have slipped! Not for the first time, I'd wager! Tee! Hee! Hee! Thanks for a fantastic night, gals ... & for providing the motivation to spring clean! :0)

I think tomorrow might be a quiet one around the Meares' madhouse ... I shall sit back & bask in the clean surroundings. :0) Whatever you're up to this weekend I hope you get to sit back with your feet up, at least for a little while. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 


 


 
 


 


 


 

5 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your Aqua colour scheme is lovely Kris.....lots of fun there. That is a very cute little star....well done xx

Maria said...

Gorgeous table setting for your Christmas GTG. All did great work on the folded star and pleased you had a lovely evening with friends.

Sharm said...

Love the way the Aqua really makes a statement! What a great little project and a fun filled time

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm doing that right now as I visit blogland....had a nice visit with you and your gal pals.
Mama Bear

Judy S. said...

Merry Christmas, Kris! Hope you finished all of your projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...