Friday 19 January 2018

A Designing Day!

Once again the week has gone by in a blur. Once again I've got nowhere near the number of jobs crossed off my "To Do" list that I'd planned. SIGH!!! I really think the only solution is to start writing shorter "To Do" lists! Tee! Hee! Hee!

So ... it's my first "day off" from my grown up job that I actually have nothing on, nothing planned and nowhere to go ... so I'm about to settle in to do some pattern design work ... instructions are written, but I need to edit my stitchery outlines in Photoshop ... GROAN! Its a time-consuming job that sends me slightly cross-eyed if I sit at it too long and forget to get up for a walk around and stretch. :0) I sometimes wish my hand was steadier when drawing my original designs ... but my handwriting is atrocious and straight lines often end up with the wibble-wobbles ... a bit like me after editing stitchery designs for a while! :0P

But before I sit myself down to get editing, I thought I'd share my latest ready-to-release pattern ... the one whose instructions were finished when Chookyblue and I were challenging each other during our holiday to get off the couch and do something productive. :0) She had six quilt tops together by the end of our time and I had one pattern ready for release ... I think she won. :0) OK ... drum roll ... introducing ...


... MARION MAY BEAR.

I LOOOOOOOVE the way she turned out and the combination of a few 'girly' touches that make her pretty but not fussy and frilly. And it was that combination of "pretty but practical" that led me to name her Marion May, after two of the wonderful women who have had a huge impact on my life … the Marvellous MARION, owner of my favourite fabric shop “The Quilters Angel”, chief encourager and friend; and my wonderful maternal Grandma, Edna MAY Paten, who passed away aged 94 last year. Both of these special ladies have faced tough times, trying times, lean times and challenges, yet managed to face them with strength, grace and determination, while always having time to help others. And while both could be described as ‘practical’, both ladies also appreciate the ‘pretty’ … just like Marion May Bear with her touch of lace, pearls and flower on her hat. I’d like to be just like these wonderful women when I grow up! :0) The pattern for Marion May Bear will be available from The Quilters Angel after tonight ... I'll deliver them when I head off to our first Friday Night Sit N Sew for 2018 tonight ... WOO! HOO! I've missed the gathering of my crazy tribe during the holiday. :0)

And if I'm going to be ready to go out tonight, I'd better scoot off and get pattern editing ... AND pack my sewing into my handbag ready to go so I don't end up helping the Fabulous Fiona sew down binding again! Tee! Hee! Hee! I hope you're all having a fantastic week and that your weekend includes some time for you to spend on YOU. If you're in the northern hemisphere ... stay warm. And those in the southern hemisphere, especially my fellow eastern staters ... stay cool and drink plenty of liquids ... apparently WATER is recommended above all other fluids ... go figure! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS





6 comments:

Sharm said...

Oh Kris, she is just delightful! And I do love the story that goes with her too! Hope you had fun last night! We had 46 degrees here yesterday!!!

Raewyn said...

She is beautiful Kris and congratulations on your achievement!!I do love the story behind the naming of your Marion May bear hmmmm now to work out how to get myself to the Quilters Angel! PS Hoe you had a fun night and got a little stitching done!

Cheryll said...

Marion looks delicious... Good enough to eat.
Love her !!! xox

Maria said...

Hope you got all the editing done sew you could enjoy your night out with the girls.. Lucky Fiona having you to stitch down her binding when you forgot your own work..
Marion May is gorgeous and what a lovely story as to why you named her.

Janice said...

Marion May is lovely. So elegant in her finery.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Oh, precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...