Sunday 14 January 2018

Sliding Down The Slippery Slide!

WOW! We're already two weeks into 2018! I feel like I was sitting at the top of the slippery slide called 2018 on New Year's Day, looking forward to a fantastic year of adventures ... & then someone gave me a shove & I'm already sliding along at breakneck speed with the days going by in a blur. SIGH! Why do I get the feeling someone will soon be telling me how many days til Christmas! :0)

So ... What have I been doing between the blurring days? My grown up job is keeping me busy at the moment with my boss on leave. I've also had a rather social week with a stitching play date with the Fabulous Fiona ... Who very graciously allowed me to stitch down some binding for her when I left my sewing pouch on the dining table at home ... I worry myself some days! :0) I also had a lovely catch up with a former workmate ... We chatted for hours! Why do we leave it so long between catching up with friends when we have such a wonderful time?! One of my resolutions this year is to try to address that. And a dinner out with my folks who are house sitting just five minutes away from us at the moment. See ... Busy blur happening here. :0)

We were looking forward to a quieter weekend. So ... My Beloved Geek Boy & I took one of our mini road trips yesterday down our 'hill' in search of a new birdbath to accommodate the large flock of black cockatoos in our area who come into our back garden twice a day for a drink ... The terracotta pot we'd been using cracked. Uh oh! So off we went. Oh ... It was also much nicer in the air conditioned car than the house since temperatures reached 38 here & 46 in the Lockyer Valley where we were pot shopping. It wasn't so much the heat but the humidity that we struggled with, we being summer chickens. :0) We were successful in both staying cool & finding a new birdbath ...


... One of our resident black cockatoos checking out the new watering spot. He approved & called all his mates. :0)

Today was a bit cooler ... Only 36 degrees & as I write this, the promised cool change has come through & dropped the temperature to the low 20's. A bit nicer to sleep.

And besides tackling my grown up chores today (why is there so much washing for two people in a week ... And since about 80% of it is boy clothes, I think GB must wear several outfits each day! :0P) I've also been working on a little something that the OPAM gals will find interesting ...


... Hmmm ... A stitchery design. I wonder what it will be for??? Stay tuned! :0)

Right now, however, I'm off to sip my pre-bedtime cup of tea & sulk that England won the one day cricket. I hope you've all had a fabulous weekend & that if, like me, life is feeling like a fast ride down the slippery slide, that you throw your hands up in the air & ENJOY THE RIDE! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 


6 comments:

Sharm said...

Now that is a very nice bird bath! I'm not surprised it was met with approval! ........I see bees 🐝.......... I've had a growing thing for bees over the past few years without actually recognising that until this morning when I saw that design poking out from under that lovely looking journal I may be coveting lol PS - I think I'm on the slippery slide with you too!

Jeanette said...

i think we are all on the slippery slope Kris. :) Just so you know it's 344 days until Christmas. lol. Love the birdbath. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

Love the new bird bath... and thanks for the help with my binding.... and for the visit of course
Hugz

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Love the bird bath . Waiting to see your embroidery.Enjoy stay cool.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gee we must be on the same slide 😂😂😂love the bird bath...loVE to you and GB❤️❤️❤️

Janice said...

You’ve made a very happy cocky. We have a couple of bird baths but when it was really hot the other day we set up a planter saucer of water in the shade for the tiny birds. They made great use of it and kept us amused while watching the cricket. I suppose we have to let the Poms have one win so they don’t sulk......but no more. I wonder what you are hiding there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...