Saturday 21 July 2018

Therapy For A Tired Brain!

Here we are again, another week has whizzed by in the blink of an eye. The only comfort in that is that winter should soon be over & my favoured warm weather back to cheer me up ... Though looking at the current temperature here (10 degrees & dropping fast!) I'm not holding my breath. 

Life continues to be crazy busy here in the Meares' Madhouse for my Beloved Geek Boy & me ... Both of us are putting in extra hours at our grown up jobs due to being short-staffed. There's not a lot of quiet uninterrupted time at home & we're both starting to feel it a bit ... I think my brains might have leaked out of my ears! :0P 

So it was the perfect therapy for me last weekend to spend time with my crazy Friday Night Sit N Stitch buddies at a mini retreat ...


Wendy's crochet rug was so cheerful ... Just don't ask her what she was doing with the white wool! :0P And Julie was taking a rest from messing up Fiona's workspace to stitch down the binding on a Christmas wall hanging. (See Fiona's blog for the story about Julie & the messy workspace! :0) )


And here's Chriss, Gail & Sue hard at work with the Hostess-With-The-Mostest Miss Marion checking out their progress. Now, like all of our retreats organised by the Marvellous Marion, we enjoyed delicious food, but Saturday night dinner was a bit special ...


... The table was set, bunting was hung and ...


... Yummy food was consumed with bubbles ... CHEERS! And why were we enjoying bubbles & a special meal?


To celebrate Miss Kerrie's birthday ... A little early, but why quibble about a few days when you can celebrate with friends? :0) The day was wonderful, soothing therapy for my poor overloaded brain ... Though a week or two of uninterrupted time at home would be good too! :0P Thank you Miss Marion for organising yet another fantastic sewing weekend.

And this weekend ... Is catch up weekend. Errands to run, chores to catch up on & pattern instructions to be edited ... That's tomorrow's job. What are you up to this weekend? I hope it includes some fun stuff for you. :0) Now I'm off to hunt up some dinner. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 










7 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like fun ❤️

Janice said...

Looks like you had a great time at the retreat Kris! I hope you are getting paid for all the overtime you are doing, or at least time off in lieu! This seems to be going on for quite a long time. Make sure you get some rest.

Raewyn said...

Sounds like a fun time!! Hope you got lots done too :-) (And not just chores...!)

Sharm said...

perfect for soothing the soul!

Maria said...

It's sew nice to spend a weekend at retreat being spoilt.....

Chookyblue...... said...

I need longer therapy sessions ..... Sounds and looks like a great time. .......

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Looks like a great retreat. Hope lots was achieved.Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...