Sunday 8 July 2018

Winter Birthday Celebrations & OPAM Winners!

Greetings to you all from the top of our frozen 'hill' today. After a couple of weeks of moderate weather, winter came swooping back in like a vengeful Valkyrie overnight. This was what my weather ap told me this morning when I first poked my nose out from under the doona ...


Can I tell you, after a quick trip to the loo, I dived straight back into my warm bed-burrow cos it definitely felt like -0.4 degrees!! EEP!!

When we eventually crawled out of bed, my Beloved Geek Boy reminded me why he's my hero ... He ventured out into the gale force winds to get wood to light the fire. What a man! :0) Which was just as well because we were hosting a winter birthday lunch today for ...


... This handsome fella! :0) Can't half tell we're related, can you?! :0P This is actually a pic taken when we celebrated his 70th last year ... Which we also hosted ... I think it's our 10 seater table that gets us elected! Tee! Hee! Hee! Today's lunch was a small family affair with GB & yours truly, Mum & Dad & Dad's cousin & his lovely wife ...


We had a yummy winter hotpot lunch with several dessert options ... Which we all had a taste of everything ... Guess there are some family traits showing there! Tee! Hee! Hee! It was a wonderful time of chatting & catching up. Happy Birthday for another year, Pa! Hope you enjoy your bag of goodies! :0) He's pretty easy to please, my Dad ... A packet of cashews, a packet of macadamia nuts & a packet of chocolate coated honeycomb & he's in birthday heaven. :0)

And while I was in giftie-giving mode ... I've done the June OPAM prize draw. Thanks to everyone who sent their monthly tally through ... June was obviously a busy creative time, with 151 finishes ... Our biggest monthly tally this year! Well done everyone! And even if you didn't get to add to that total, but made some good progress on some long term projects, give yourself a pat on the back for staying motivated. :0) Random draw winners of the stitchery this month are ...


&


Congrats, gals! Drop me an email & I'll send you a PDF copy of the prize stitchery.

Well ... That's about it from me today. I hope you're all having a restful weekend & that the coming week treats you kindly. I get the nasty feeling I'll be spending the next few days expecting to see penguins & polar bears playing outside my window. :0P You know how much I hate being cold! BRRRRR! I think I'd better go warm up with a cup of tea ... You're probably not surprised, right?! :0) Til next time ...

BRRRRRRRR! BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS,
KRIS





5 comments:

Sharm said...

What a great amount of finishes ...and congrats to the lucky two! Wow that coldness sure has popped in ......I'm just pleased we are not still down south!!! Def that was cold enough for the fire 🔥 sure does make a difference! Bear hugs back to you my friend!

Chookyblue...... said...

Sounds like a lovely day and your dad is as easy to please as mine.....

Janice said...

It looks like you all had a lovely day to celebrate. I dare say you won't be visiting us down here at the moment. We've had some rather wintery weather too, just a bit cooler than you. On Saturday at 1.30pm it was 5.6 feels like -2.7. Brrr.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

A great month of finishes!
You are having a chilly time, keep that tea coming! We are having the weirdest summer ever with temps at 25-30c for weeks now.
Just have to enjoy it while we can.
Stay warm now!
Hugs

Judy S. said...

Gosh, it's so hard to think of you freezing when we are finally getting summer temps here. Glad your DH fetches the wood, what a guy! Congrats to the OPAM winners; I don't even think I remembered to email you. So sorry. Stay warm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...