Tuesday 15 January 2019

Still Here & OPAM Wrap Up!

Hello lovely Bloggy Buddies! How are you this rather warm Tuesday? I hope you're more alert & awake than I am! I just can't seem to get out of my own way today. I think it's because I woke up with a headache that I can't seem to shake ... Not a migraine (thankfully!) just one of those dull hangy-ony type headaches that sap your energy. Frankly, I don't have a lot of energy to spare, so I wish it would go away! :0)

However ... I'm overdue in popping in to visit with you all, so here I am, catching up. I meant to post on the weekend but someone stole it! :0P This does not bode well for my year if I'm already losing days & it's only January! Tee! Hee! Hee! And that means I'm overdue in doing the last OPAM draw for 2018. December must've seen some hustling & bustling in craft caves all over the world because we had our biggest tally for the year with ...

253 FINISHES!

WOW! I guess lots of us were making Christmas gifties. :0) The really amazing part is that takes our total number of finished projects for 2018 to ...

1,631 FINISHES!

WOWSERS! What a creative lot we've been! :0) So I guess there must be a lot of craft caves with empty stash cupboards now, right?! Yeah ... I'm snickering here too! Tee! Hee! Hee! Well done to everyone who has contributed to that tally, even if it's only been one finish. In a world where we all seem to be constantly busy & made to feel we're not reaching our full potential if we're not ... It's good to take some quiet time out to be creative, which is what OPAM is all about. I hope you've enjoyed playing along with my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg & me. :0)

So ... The final prize winners for 2018 were ...




Congrats ladies! Drop me an email so I can send you the PDF stitchery pattern for you to play with. 

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! Right back at the start of last year Sweet Peg said she wanted to make a special quilt that will go to ...

ONE OF OUR OPAMERS! YAY!

All of our 2018 participants will go into the draw & Sweet Peg will announce the winner on her blog soon, so STAY TUNED! :0) 

So ... Some of you have been asking whether OPAM will run this year. In a word ... YES. BUT ... I'll be flying solo to host OPAM 2019, as my truly GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg will be hanging up her Hostess-With-The-Mostest hat. :0(  Sweet Peg joined me to co-host OPAM in its second year & we've encouraged you clever crafters together for 8 years. (Year 1was co-hosted by May-Britt & myself) Sweet Peg was about the fourth blogger I 'met' when I stepped into blogland & she has always amazed me with how much she fits into her busy, busy life, juggling full time work, family, sewing & lots of other activities, but she's decided she needs to make a few changes & slow down a little to have some more Peg Time.Thank you Sweet, Sweet Friend for not only co-hosting our world-wide crafting circle, but also for being a gorgeous, generous friend. I know we'll still catch up with each other in blogland, but I'll miss my Sweet co-host. Big Squooshy Bear Hugs to you lovely lady!!

It will take me a little while to get set up for OPAM 2019 ... And sweet-talk my Beloved Geek Boy into designing an updated badge for us. :0) ... so sign up will start near the end of January ... Stay tuned for the date & details! I hope lots of you will join me again for a year of striving to finish some of our craft projects, whilst having fun, taking some time out for ourselves & encouraging fellow crafters. :0)

Since I think that's more than enough from me for one post, I'm off to see if a cup of tea will kill my headache. Maybe if I use one of my lovely new teacups it will help ...



I'll share the story of how this pretty collection came to live with me next time. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

11 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are truly one very special beautiful friend.... love you long ❤️❤️❤️❤️Will get my self organised ❤️❤️❤️

Raewyn said...

A sweet post :-) Thank you for carrying on with OPAM. Gosh that's a lot of finishes isn't it?!!

Janice said...

Can't wait to hear the story behind the beautiful dishes!!

Sharm said...

Count me in please Kris , do hope your headache disappears - I've been down with a few myself & think it may be weather related? Look at those beautiful cups and saucers .......reminds me of my grandmother who gave some of hers to my daughter who loved them so much xo

Cheryll said...

I'm so HaPPy that OPAM will continue... albeit with our lovely PeG.
Looking forward to adding the new button once it's ready too... xox

Jeanette said...

Happy that OPAM will continue. Hope your headache is gone. Look forward to hearing about those beautiful teacups. Hugs,xx. PS i'm slightly jealous of your new collection. :)

Maria said...

It's been fabulous joining Sweet Peg and you over the past 8 years and I'm pleased you are going to keep OPAM going. Huge thank you to both XX.
WOW!!! What amazing tally for the year.
Sure hope your headache went with a cuppa in one of gorgeous tea cups.. Beautiful collection...

Janice said...

Wow! December was a productive month. Thanks for once again taking on OPAM. I just checked and I've been a part of this since 2011. I'd better get something made so that I have a finish this month. I can't wait to hear the story of pretty tea cups. Is the one with violets a "Royal Vale"? Mum has a set of four of them.

Susan said...

What a tally!!! So glad you are able to keep going with OPAM -
Cheers

June's Jottings said...

Oh Kris, thank you for continuing on with OPAM for another year - please count me in. A special thank you must also go to Peg for her involvement in this. I am looking forward to trying (?) to be more productive this year - though 6 months of it will be mostly spent 'on the road'(s/machine also goes along for the ride!).
Thank you again.

Judy S. said...

So glad you are continuing with OPAM! Remember how we first connected over that Noah's Ark project? When was that anyhow? Thanks to both of you for all your efforts over the past 8 years! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...