Friday 10 January 2020

Beginning With A BANG!

Well ... So much for 2020 being a quieter, calmer year!! 😳 My Beloved Geek Boy & I were back to our grown up jobs this week & hit the ground running to keep up! GB has spent the week coordinating LOTS of AV jobs that need to suddenly be finished YESTERDAY 😜 & my boss has spent the week in hospital, so I was holding the fort in the office amidst the usual start of year avalanche of phone calls & office drop-ins ... Nice to know I'm missed, right?! 😝 

Add to that craziness that my recurring niggly back has decided to seize up & you can see why I'm REALLY glad it's now the weekend. 😜 If you're looking for me during the next few days, you won't have to look far ... I'll be ensconced on the lounge with cold packs, hot packs, movies & stitching. 😜 I just have to remember to crawl off the lounge from time to time (NOT an easy or pretty feat! πŸ™„) to stretch & move to try to release my pinched nerve. SIGH! And I'm not even FIFTY yet!! πŸ˜‚

The highlight of my week was a fun stitching play date yesterday afternoon, after I finished my grown up work week, with the Fabulous Fiona & Sweet Kim from our Friday Night Nutters group. Isn't it lovely just to spend time with some low-stress friends & stitching to relax! 😊 Thanks for lending your lounge room Fiona  😁 I did a bit more stitching on the final block of my BOM design-in-progress ... Which will continue to keep my mind off my niggly back for the weekend. 😜 I don't have a pic of that block, but thought I'd share the recently finished block with you so you know I really have been stitching. πŸ˜‰ 



I think this is my favourite block! 😍 Although ... GB pointed out that I've said that about EVERY block! Tee! Hee! Hee! I'm so looking forward to sharing this block of the month quilt pattern with you all! My goal is to have it ready for mid-March, so stay tuned! Fiona continues to be my Jimminy Cricket ... The voice of my conscience nudging me along. 😜 Since I'm the Queen of Procrastination ... I NEED IT! πŸ˜‚

Many of you lovely OPAMers, however, seem to be much better organised & productive than me, with ...

228 FINISHES!

... recorded for December! WOW! Well done everyone! And well done to all of you that are like me & persevering with longer-term projects ... Just keep stitching! 😁 And the winner of the December random draw is ...


Congrats Britta! Drop me an email & I will send you a copy of the prize PDF pattern. If there is anyone else who has been a monthly draw winner who hasn't received their prize pattern, please drop me an email & I'll send it to you. I can only send it from my laptop, which I don't switch on very often, so I may have missed someone.

So ... I've had a few lovelies ask if I'll run OPAM again this year. After a bit of thought, I've decided ... YES! I WILL run OPAM 2020! 😁 I know there are less people signing up for the fun, with some people leaving blogging, or just not having as much time to create, but some of you have played along with me since the beginning & have told me you find it helpful to give you a bit of encouragement to finish projects ... And I confess I do too. 😜 So ... I'll be sweet-talking GB into designing a new OPAM badge for us & will open sign up towards the end of January ... To give GB time to do the badge & set up a new spreadsheet for me ... What would I do without him! 😝😍 so keep an eye on my blog here to catch the sign up for OPAM 2020. πŸ˜‰ 

But right now, I need to get up for a stretch & find a cold pack for my dodgy back, so I'll sign off. Hope you all have a relaxing weekend. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

9 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry to read your back is giving you jip. Hope it's better soon.
Nice to have some quiet sewing time with two lovely friends and doing the sweet block.
Oh great to be able to join in for OPAM for 2020. Thank you Kris and GB...

Fiona said...

hope your back sorts soon.... not nice for you..... well done for keeping going with OPAM.... lots of people enjoy it..
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Get better quickly Kris...
And THANKS for running OPAM again... I for one LoVe it... xox

Karen's Korner said...

Sending you a speedy recovery and thanks for organising OPAM again this year.

Janice said...

That’s an impressive number of finishes for the month. Congrats Britta! I’m very happy that you (and Geek Boy in the background)will be run OPAM again in 2020. We do appreciate the work you put into it. Your quilt block is rather cute, as I’m guessing the rest are. Do take car of that jiggly back of yours take it easy.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Wahoo.

I haven't managed to. Blog this year but I have followed along with OPAM.
Even thought I haven't submittwd finishes it helps me stay on track too.

June's Jottings said...

Oh Kris, I just love your BOM block - of course anything with a caravan I it is for me.

I do hope your back is better soon and you can start sparking on all cylinders again.

Thank you for saying you, with the help of your lovely GB, will again run OPAM for 2020. I have really enjoyed being part of it for the last 18 months, and looking back over what I have achieved over that time. Certainly looking forward to it.

Might see you and/or Fiona flitting around when we head to Esk for the Australia Day weekend and do a run up Crows Nest way.

Bev C said...

Hello Kris

Happy New Year to you.
I finally got bCk to blogging so will look out to join OPAM again. I have some projects to finish!

Hope your back has decided to realign itself and all is well now.

Happy days
Bev C

2ne said...

Good work of everyone. Happy new year. Would love to follow the opam for 2020

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...