Sunday 26 January 2020

OPAM 2020


Here we go again! 😜 Yes, OPAM (One Project A Month for the uninitiated!) is back for another year of encouraging we creative types to ... Well ... CREATE! 😁 And hopefully get some of the projects on our "To Do" list crossed off & added to our "Finishes" list. OPAM is all about taking some time out of busy schedules to recharge our creative batteries by playing with fabric, threads, wools, cottons & needles of all sorts. The goal is to finish at least one project per month for the year, which will give us a minimum of 12 finishes by the time we next sing "Auld Lang Syne" ... Or we will have made significant progress on some longer-term projects.

For a new year of OPAM, we need a new logo button ...



Thanks to my Beloved Geek Boy, we've got one. 😁 And do you see that rather large number on the badge? That's how many projects have been recorded by OPAMers since we started! Over 51,000 finishes! WOWSERS!! Are you ready to add some more to the tally by playing along? Let's keep it simple ... 

HOW DO I JOIN OPAM 2020?
1. Send me an email to tell me you'd like to play along. Please make sure you include: Your NAME, your BLOG ADDRESS, your EMAIL ADDRESS. My email address is: kris@tagalongteddies.com.au
2. Right click on the new OPAM logo & "save as" to your files. Add it to your blog sidebar with a link back to my blog ... In case others who visit your blog would like to play along.
3. Under the OPAM badge on your sidebar, add a list of  2020 FINISHES which shows your finishes each month. You can add this as a blog page if you prefer ... As long as it's clear which finishes you've added each month.
4. At the end of each month, update your list of finishes (a blog post with photos is great to share & encourage others, too) AND email me your final tally for the month. Each month I'll choose a random prize winner who will receive a PDF copy of a Tag Along Teddies pattern I've designed as a fun, quick project.
5. Projects must be COMPLETELY FINISHED before being added to your tally ... Quilts have to be quilted & bound, cross stitcheries have to be framed or made into a project etc. if you aren't sure whether your project counts ... Email me & ask. 😁
6. Tallies should only include soft crafts ... Sewing, quilting, embroidery, cross/long stitch, crochet, knitting ... Again, if you're uncertain, email to check.
7. HAVE FUN CREATING!

There won't be a cut off date this year for sign up, people can just keep joining the fun as we go along. 😁 After a few weeks, I'll add a list of this year's OPAMers to my sidebar so you can hop around visiting & encouraging each other. It means we'll all have a world-wide cheer squad. 😁 (I didn't get around to doing this last year but will try to remember this year.) And remember this is a LOW STRESS challenge, so if you have a month(or two or three!!) where life gets in the way or you're working on long term projects & don't have a finish to record ... IT'S OK! 😁

I think that covers the basics ... If questions come up as we go, I'll share them in a blog post. Other than that, I hope you all enjoy playing along with me again this year ... It's a nice, low key nudge for us all (me included, since I should set a good example, right?! 😜 ) to create & finish projects. Some of us are SERIAL STARTERS! Tee! Hee! Hee! 

Right now, though, I have to go & get ready for a Christmas gathering with the in laws ... So ... We're running late! 😂 Have a fantastic week! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks Kris as I'll be joining in for OPAM again this year...
The more folk who push me along each month the better....

Cheryll said...

Thank you Kris. I’ve emailed you again... so please add my name...xox

Raewyn said...

Thank you Kris, an email is on its way to you....

Christine M said...

I'm joining in again this year, Kris. xx

Narelle said...

Yay, my email will be on it's way shortly :)

Janice said...

Hi Kris. How could I not join in. Thanks to you both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...