Tuesday 7 April 2020

Challenges & Anni's Stitchalong Block!

Hello to everyone out there in blogland! Are you keeping well, keeping occupied & keeping sane?! 😜 That last one's a little questionable here in the Meares' Madhouse at the best of times! 😝 And even though it's only Tuesday, it feels like it's been a long, tough week. Both my Beloved Geek Boy & I are still working our grown up jobs, though GB's staff has divided into two teams that alternate working in the office or job sites & working from home. I'm still going to my job, but I'm now dealing more with phone calls than in-person visits ... Which still leaves plenty of scope for headaches, believe me! 😝

In the afternoon, though, I put on my designer's hat & have started this week to play with some fabric colours that are a little outside my comfort zone & a bit of a challenge ...


I don't usually work with orange OR purple, so it will be interesting to see how I go with this ... You guessed it! ... Secret Squirrel project. 😝 You'll have to stay tuned. 😜

And speaking of staying tuned, have you popped over HERE to the Love And Hugs From Australia Facebook page to download today's block? The amazing Anni Downs has designed today's block & I LOVE IT! 😍 Mind you ... I love ALL of the blocks so far! 😜 There are so many clever Aussie designers around ... There must be something in the water. πŸ˜‰ I hope you're enjoying the LAHFA Stitchalong & that it's a comforting bright spot to help you escape the zombie apocalypse for a while. 😁

Well ... I'd better get back to my challenging colours ... Right after I make a cup of tea. 😜 I hope you're having a great week whatever you're up to & staying safe. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

Hi everyone
Today is my day to share with you my stitchery block.
I included a rainbow in mine, as they always make me smile, and I believe they are a symbol of hope. Here’s hoping we all get through this unscathed…..at least we can all enjoy our isolation time – I, for one, have been enjoying a little more time stitching than what I usually have time for.
As well as my stitchery design, I have included some ideas on how you could put these blocks together……a diagram to create a simple wall-hanging, or a larger quilt (with instructions to use just nine of the blocks, but of course, you could go crazy and just keep on adding heheh).
The stitchery block (as well as some layout ideas) can be found on my website 
www.hatchedandpatched.com.au
Just click on the Love and Hugs button on the right hand side column. 
I would also like to say a big thank you to Natalie Bird, who orchestrated this group, and without whom, we wouldn’t all be connected at this crazy time. Thank Nat – you’re a star!
Have fun stitching!
Anni
#loveandhugsfromaustralia #annidowns #annidownsdesigns #alittlebitquirky @_natalie_bird_ @lynetteandersondesigns @matobsgirl @helen_stubbings @libbyrichardson111 @gailpandesigns @deirdreabel3 @petalsandpatchesau @marglowdesigns @piecestotreasure @countryharts @leesachandlerdesigns @patternpoole @

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...