Sunday 22 May 2022

Foggy, Soggy Weekend!

Greetings to my blogging buddies from the top of our foggy, soggy ‘hill’. 


Believe it or not, this foggy view of some of our gorgeous eucalyptus tres is a SUNNY shot … compared to the rest of the weekend. 🤣 (the pic doesn’t really show how thick the fog was, but gives you an idea) It’s been miserable outside, so GB & I have lit the fire & we’re staying INSIDE. 😜 So it was perfect timing that I picked this up from my quilting fairy godmother the Fabulous Fiona  …


It may just look like a mesh drawstring bag, but this is my treasure sack. 😁 Fiona gifted this to me a few years ago to transport my quilts to & from her place for quilting … I think she got sick of my random plastic bag transporters. 🤣 It’s always exciting to get this bag back from Fiona because it means she’s woven her quilting magic on another of my quilts. Wanna have a sneaky-peeky??


If you look closer you can see Fiona’s clever quilting swirls. I love the Goldilocks balance Fiona finds when she quilts for me … not too little, not too much … just the right amount to add some zing & frame special features … like …


… appliqué. Love the corner features & swirls. 😍 Thank you Fiona!! So putting some binding on this quilt is today’s task … a good way to spend a drab ol’ Sunday … it will be even better with a cuppa … but I bet you knew I’d say that! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Whatever you’re up to this weekend I hope you’re staying safe (& DRY if you’re in eastern Australia!!) & finding time to create. Have a fabulous week. Take care, stay safe, keep stitching & keep smiling. 😊 Til next time …

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 




4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

since its so soggy and foggy have you got that binding finished?????
When do we get to see the quilt???
Certainly heading into perfect binding weather........

Maria said...

Perfect way to spend a foggy soggy day. Did you finish the binding?
Wet here in the West too!

Fiona said...

Happy Binding there.... good weather for it..... I see blue sky this morning - I hope it stays!
Hugz

Judy S. said...

You are so lucky to have such a talented quilter! And then comes the binding, the part that makes me procrastinate the finish. It's been a cooler and wetter spring here as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...