Tuesday 23 July 2013

Still Looking!!

Here I am ... still here and enjoying my break from work. It's not quite as good as a beach break, but having some time at home (in between coffee-catch-ups!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) has been relaxing AND productive ... though I haven't got good photos of my finishes yet ... soon, I promise! :0)

This week my folks have popped down for a visit to help out with some renovating jobs ... well Dad is helping my Beloved Geek Boy ... Mum and I are helping by staying out of the way! :0) In fact ... today at the first thump of a hammer, we packed ourselves into the car and ventured forth on a shopping excursion. We crossed off all the jobs on our list pretty quickly and decided that we deserved a little treat ...

... coffee and cake! :0) There was an icy wind blowing, but we found a nice sheltered spot in the sun and settled down to relax with our treats. And then we headed home to see how the renovating work was going ... 

Overseas friends won't know the TV advert I mean, but most Aussie gals will be familiar with the RACQ ad that shows a renovation boo-boo with a pair of legs poking through the ceiling and a wife sitting on the sofa in the room below, flicking casually through a magazine. The hubbie says "Have you found that ladder yet?" and the wife replies ... in between page turns ... "Still looking! Tee! Hee! Hee! Well I was having a little moment of de ja vu when we got home and were presented with this sight ...

Uh Oh!! GB and Dad were replacing the corrugated iron on the roof of the back section of our house ... over the bathroom and dining room ... and THIS happened when GB bumped the bathroom ceiling below with his knee. Needless to say, the renovation jobs list just had an addition popped on the end! :0) Ah well ... these adventures happen when you are renovating an old home. :0) Mum and I are wondering where we can disappear to tomorrow to avoid any further 'adventures'! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I might add that the bathroom is one room in the house we haven't got around to renovating yet and the ceiling is truly icky due to former owners painting OVER mildew which we can now not get rid of, since it's UNDER the paint ... GRRR!!! Still ... I guess we have a little head start on getting rid of that ceiling! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Hope you are all well and that all your adventures are pleasant ones ... no "Still looking!" moments! :0) I'm going to make the most of the rest of this week before heading back to work again on Monday ... I'm sure I can fit some more stitching and more coffee breaks in! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



3 comments:

Melody said...

Oh dear, not what you really want to see when you get home.

Judy S. said...

Sounds like you and your mom are having fun together! I did a double take reading about the icy wind until I remembered you're having winter! LOL (It's been in the low eighties here one the low clouds burn off.)

Fiona said...

uh oh.... thats one way of hastening the reno process!!!
Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...