Monday 8 July 2013

Sunflowers Make Me Smile!

Here I am, back again after a busy weekend of bustling around. You know how weekends are ... never enough time to do everything you want to get done! :0) However, the weather was a bit kinder to this poor hot-weather gal and so I had a bit more energy to put to use. And put it to use I did!!

A few weeks ago, I had an email from a lovely friend ... Catherine Sanchez, former Editor of "Homespun" magazine. Catherine is enjoying being a 'lady of leisure' since finishing up at "Homespun" (and boy oh boy do I miss her lovely, warm editorials at the start of the mag and her special touch in the projects and content!!!) and has been lazing around doing nothing ... NOT! :0) With all her 'spare' time she has taken on the task of coordinating a big craft fundraising event for her boys' school, which will raise money for mission work in the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea and she's in search of crafty bits and bobs to sell/raffle/auction. Hmmm ... nothing on hand that I can send, but ... a bit of a search in the sewing room and I found ...

... some pretty charm squares that I was given a while back. Don't you just love sunflowers?! They are so CHEERFUL, spreading their sunny warmth around. A perfect starting point ... with a sweet model helping me there (a gift from a lovely blogging buddy!) . :0) OK ... add some Moda Basics in a yummy, warm colour, some time in the sewing room and ...

VOILA!! Another stacked coin lap quilt top. These are very different colours for me to play with, but I love the vibrant colours of these charm squares. As I said, this is an older fabric range from Moda, "Sunflowers of Provence". I love how the colours came up with the gold sashings ... thanks for your help choosing them, Steph! :0) This top is now ready to send off to Catherine. I would have liked to send it as a finished quilt, but this month's play money is a bit on the low side ... oops! :0) Hopefully someone will enjoy quilting this to suit their own tastes ... and help raise some money for overseas missions. Thanks for asking me to be part of the fun, Catherine! :0)

No other finishes to report ... and this one doesn't really count as a finish for my OPAM list, but it IS one thing crossed off my "To Do" list! However ... a lot of you OPAM gals have managed LOTS of finishes that DO count towards your OPAM totals. In fact, there were 515 finishes for June! WOO! HOO! Well done gals!! Sweet Peg has done the prize draw, in case you haven't caught up with the news yet, so pop over and visit her to see if you're one of the lucky winners. Thank you to everyone who emailed their finishes through to me or Sweet Peg ... this really does make a big difference to us ... even if I don't get to send an email back to you! I hope you're all enjoying being part of the OPAM 2013 fun and managing to set some time aside just for YOU to relax and stitch. :0)

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and that your week is off to a great start. May there be many 'sunflowers' in your week ... things that make you SMILE just by being! :0) Til next time ...

SUNSHINEY BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

PS. For those of you who are within driving distance ... Marion and Steph are having a Christmas in July super sale this coming Friday and Saturday!!! Make sure you check their blog for details and plan a road trip to visit and take advantage of it ... You'll think all your Christmases have come at once! Tee! Hee! Hee! BH! KRIS


3 comments:

Katherine said...

Thats made up into a gorgeous flimsy.

Lynda said...

You are SO right about missing Catherine at Homespun. I don't enjoy the magazine or the projects these days. Do love your sunflowers.

Fiona said...

so pretty.. that's becoming your favourite goto pattern... I am happy to do the quilting for you... but not sure if the wadding and backing is around????
Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...