Saturday 25 October 2014

A Flannel Quilt In A Heat Wave??!!

Here I am back again ... though it took me a little longer than planned ... how DOES that keep happening?! :0) The year seems to be slipping past me at a faster and faster pace and about the only positive I can think of about that is ... my much-loved warmer weather has arrived ... FINALLY! In fact, we're having a bit of a heat wave this weekend ... not that my Beloved Geek Boy and fellow summer-person or I are complaining. :0)

So what am I doing to stay cool in our heatwave? Why ... working on making a new flannel quilt, of course! Tee! Hee! Hee! I know most people think of making flannel quilts in winter, but when this cheerful range arrived at my Quilters Angel a few weeks ago, I knew I HAD to adopt some, as it is the exact colours that I've been using to brighten up our neutrally painted new living space. Wanna take a peek??


Aren't they cheerful and pretty? And the best part is ...

... I've already been playing with them! :0) This will be a new blankie for me to snuggle under in front of the tele ... big 10" squares to show off the pretty colours. As you can see, I have a very technical way of working out which colours go where. :0) I've played a bit more today and have all the squares joined into rows ready to join them all together tomorrow ... and then it will be off to the quilting magician, the Fabulous Fiona to work her quilting magic on it ... I promise to share with you. :0) I have to say, I'm really enjoying playing with a simple design ... one that I don't have to write instructions for, too. :0)

And ... I also promise to soon share with you another quilt that the Fabulous Fiona has waved her magic quilting wand over ... I just have to finish stitching down the binding ... it's just a wee bit too warm to want a quilt on my lap to work with tonight. I know ... I'm not at all consistent with my hot weather/cold weather stitching am I! :0) Still ... at least I'm back in the stitching saddle ... and it feels GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! :0)

So what are you working on at the moment? I hope your weekend includes some fabric therapy ... it's the best way to relax, really, isn't it? :0) Now I'm off to make myself a cuppa and catch up on some blog reading ... my RSS feeds were short-circuited during our recent email issues ... SIGH! But I'm sure I'll enjoy catching up on lots of posts. Hmmm ... I may need a second cup of tea! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


7 comments:

Maria said...

Oh Kris what gorgeous fabrics to play with even if they are fannel. Just my colours too.
Love the big squares as it would be ashamed to cut it up and loss the design.
Wish Fabulous Fiona lived closer to me. I would like her to work magic on some of my flimsys too.

Jeanette said...

I was tempted by those fabrics at the Quilters Angel too. :). So love the colours. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

Blushing......
love those flannel fabrics.... stay cool in your lovely lovely home...
Hugz

Polly said...

OHHHH, Maria! Lovr, LOVE LLOOVVEE those fabrics!!

Judy S. said...

If you can figure out a way to slow down the clock, please let me know! LOL Love that new quilt fabric; should be a nice one.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely happy blocks Kris. It will be beautiful when Fiona magics it xx

Mistea said...

Oh, but the colours are lovely.
Perfect for big squares and simple layout.
Enjoy playing in your new space.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...