Tuesday 28 June 2016

Beetle Boogy!!

Hello to you all from the top of our frozen 'hill' this cold and blowy Tuesday! BRRRRR!!! Our temps have dropped to below the zero mark the last couple of nights and today we had icy south-westerly winds whistling around at over 35km/h that kept the 'feels like' temperature in the single digits. EEP! Did I mention that I REALLY don't like winter?!!

So with it being such a nasty day outside, you can no doubt guess that I spent the afternoon INSIDE ... in front of the fire, of course. :0) And a productive afternoon it was too, as I've FINALLY finished my Beetle Boogy quilt top ... WOO! HOO!! :0) Wanna take a sneaky peeky??

TA DA! I am pretty chuffed with how it's turned out! And it's got so many things about it that I just LOVE! ... VW Beetles ... hearts .. cheerful batiks ... and rainbows. It makes me SMILE whenever I walk past it. :0) I'm not sure it makes my Beloved Geek Boy smile, though ... since it's currently in the middle of the dining room floor and he has to keep carefully walking around it to get to his lounge chair! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I love the bright batik colours contrasted against the stark black and white elements.

And I LOOOOOOOOOVE the rainbow corner blocks! It took me a while to work out what I needed in the corners to draw everything together and the rainbows have worked out perfectly. In fact ... I think maybe I need to design a quilt with a larger version of this rainbow design ... what do you think?! Tee! Hee! Hee!

So my Beetle Boogy quilt if now ready to be sent off to the Quilting Fairy ... AKA the Fabulous Fiona. :0) She does an AWESOME job of transforming my tops into quilts and seems to have a sixth sense about just what quilting design will bring the quilts to life without overpowering the fabrics, applique or stitcheries ... maybe we should be calling Fiona the Quilt Whisperer! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Has there been some creating happening in your corner of the world? Any projects being finished? For all you OPAM gals out there, it's time to update your sidebar lists with your finishes for the month and email your tally to my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg or me. We love to see what everyone has been up to each month ... there are SOOOOOO many clever clogs creative ladies out there in blogland and it's incredibly inspiring to see all the different projects being finished and/or progressed each month. Have you taken a blog hop through the OPAM participants? If not, why not make yourself a cuppa, grab a sweetie-treatie and cruise through the list on my sidebar. I guarantee you'll enjoy 'chatting' to some like-minded gals, not to mention being amazed and inspired by all the wonderful projects they're making. :0)

Right now, though, it's time to toss another log on the fire and tackle the dinner prep. Creamy chicken and mushroom bake here tonight ... YUMMO! :0) Whatever you're up to this week, I hope there are rainbows to make you smile! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



4 comments:

Maria said...

Cute quilt....cold here too but not as cold as your place....
I have just done my OPAM post. Only one finish but it's a great one for me...
Thanks Kris for keeping me on track for finishes...

Fiona said...

You know I love your quilt.. We had our first proper frost here - so far it has been too cloudy to make any.

Looking forward to playing with your Buggy's... or is it Buggies?
Hugz

Gari in AL said...

As a former VW driver, I LOVE your quilt. Currently I am trying to find a bug chasse to put in our yard and plant plants in it. We had a small tornado that took out some trees up by the road so I think a bright orange Bug with a tree and plants growing out of it would be great.

Nanna Ray said...

Hello Kris. I just found your lovely cheery site through a link at Pins and Whiskers. Your OPAM looks very challenging. Love your colourful VeeDubs. Not looking forward to returning home to Toowwomba this week after travelling since mid Feb - it sounds very, very chilly. Oh well - more time to stitch in my warm Women's Cave when I get home. Have added your blog to my Blog List. Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...