Sunday 12 June 2016

Cold Weather Catch Up!

BRRRRRRR!!!! It is well and truly winter here on our 'hill' ... which means this teddy bear is sliding into hibernation mode! :0) Ah ... if only I WAS a bear and had a good excuse for eating myself silly, then sleeping somewhere cosy and warm until spring. :0) Between the cold weather and a dodgy shoulder that objects to me spending too much time on my laptop, I've been a bit absent from blogland/emails for the last couple of weeks ... I'm trying to catch up now ... wish me luck! :0)

There hasn't been a LOT of sewing happening around the Meares' Madhouse, but there has been a LITTLE bit. Firstly, I can now show you my finish from last month ... a 'beary' special bear made for a special friend. A lovely sewing friend treated a group of us to a FABULOUS weekend of being spoilt at Spicers Hidden Vale, where we wore tiaras all weekend and were treated like princesses ... I know ... for those who know me well, imagining me in a tiara kind of boggles the mind! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Well ... as a thank you gift, I made a furry little friend for our Princess B (I'm not telling you what the "B" stands for ... what happens at a Princess Weekend STAYS on the Princess Weekend! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Now our Princess B is a Harley Davidson rider, so I made her ...

... a Bikie Bear! :0) His name is "Spud" and he's wearing jeans with his Harley orange shirt and bandana, as well as his 'leather' jacket with brass buttons and fringed sleeves, which you can't really see in this pic. He's about 22" tall, so just the right size for cuddles. And Princess B LOOOOOOOOOVED him. :0)

Here he is getting a big smooch from his new 'Mummy'. I'm hoping I'll get a photo of him going for a Harley ride. :0)

The only other sewing I've been doing happened yesterday and was more planning, cutting and arranging than actual sewing.

These are some 'left over' fabrics from my "Garden Critters" quilt. I'm thinking it will be a simple, pretty lap size quilt ... but you know how applique somehow makes its way onto most of my quilts. :0)

Apart from that, I've been keeping my head down and trying to stay warm, tucked up whenever possible in the lounge room under my blankie in front of the fire, either reading or doing a bit of hand stitching. And since everything has to be all closed up to keep the nasty westerly winds out, I've been lighting pretty scented candles to make things smell a bit prettier and fresher ...

And they give a lovely sparkle to the room, too. This one is a scented tea light candle sent to me by my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette's eldest daughter, Emma, who is selling Partylite candles via party plan and on Facebook for pocket money while she's studying at uni. They really are a lovely quality candle ... I'll be placing a few orders to make winter a bit more bearable, I think! :0)

Well, that's about it from this windblown corner of QLD for now. I promise to try not to be as slack ... but it is so tempting just to climb into bed under my doonas and not come out til spring. :0) I hope you're all shuffling along well and that there's more creative stuff happening at your place than there is here. Have a fantastic week! :0) Til next time ...

BRRRRRR! BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS




5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the bear, he is so cute. Partylite candles are fab. Must go & put some on to cheer the day up since it's turned dreary. Hugs, xx

Maria said...

How cute is Spud.... Look forward to seeing him on the Harley.....
Nice lap quilt you are making out of scraps...
I'm enjoying the cool with the reverse cycle on and just sewing....

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Love the bear! He is so cute! And so is the scrap quilt.
I'm a bit sorry for you having chilly winter weather - but that means it is summer here, glorious! So light some candles and brew a pot of tea, snuggle down for some cosy evenings - won't be long before we swap again ��
Hugs

Michelle Ridgway said...

Spud is too cute...looking forward to seeing him on his Harley. Lovely quilt too. Not as fresh as you are but a tad cool...stay cosy xx

Raewyn said...

Hope you can stay snuggled up somewhere cosy for as long as possible, and that shoulder of yours comes right too..... Love Spud, what a dude he is :-) Your quilt is going to be so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...